My Kimber is gone.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Kimber is gone.

Unhappy My Kimber is gone.

I have two cars, one with a broken trans and just blew the head gasket in my other car. I'm a mechanic so its not a big deal, but with the economy here/hours getting cut, I had to sell something valueable to quickly pay for parts... That meant something that would sell quickly and raise a fair amount of money.

I'm extremely saddened to report that I have sold my beloved Kimber Custom II. It has hands down the best shooting handgun I have ever owned... after waking up this morning to my .380 and my .22lr pistols, I feel very empty without my trusty, accurate, and very handy full size .45!

When I'm back on my feet however, I do plan on offsetting this deep-reaching loss by putting a DS Arms FAL on layaway! I haven't owned a rifle in a very long time, and this is just a really cool rifle that serves multiple purposes. Wish me luck! I have come to terms with carrying the .380, as I'm confident with it now and sure it can do "the job" if need be.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Sorry to hear that, Ryan - as it's a brutal time in this season of "hope and change"... praying your recovery is swift, complete and grand! (No luck required.)
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

That sucks! Had to be hard to let that go. Then on top of that replacing a blown tranny or head gasket isn't exactly a fun job either.

Look on the bright side! This'll pass and you'll be able to buy a brand new Kimber!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I'll probably give in before buying the rifle and try to buy my Kimber back. LOL

My heart goes out to you. I love my Custom II as well. Fantastic weapon.

7. I have been there and I know how hard that can be. But you will pull out of this and that new Kimber is right around the corner. Tell you what next time Im at the range I will put some down range for you.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I feel your pain. Tough times have come and gone for me, too, resulting in the loss and sometimes re-attaining of select firearms. It always sucks.
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

What sucks about having to sell firearms, is the fact that all the ones I own are ones that I really really enjoy having!

Really tough. I think I would have to just buy a few really good pairs of walking shoes.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

I'd have to walk 66 miles a day. I need a car to survive or I'd be riding a bicycle. :(

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast