CC in church
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CC in church

CC in church

I know GA law says no CC in church, but does that mean only during worship services or other times people are gathered, or does that mean anytime? If a Pastor is a CCW permit holder, can he carry during the week in the office when no one but the staff is there?

I'm would imagine the "don't carry in a church" trumps everything else. Plus it's uber restrictive. I believe it prohibits having a firearm in your car, anywhere on church property, and I believe a court case extended the ban a couple hundred of feet off church property.

Needs to be repealed.

4. I know this is about GA, but here in louisiana, Jindal (Gov), recently passed a law that allows carry in church, but it's up to the head clergy. That's how it is laid out in the bill. You can carry if the head clergy (preacher, priest, rabbi etc) allows the CC. I attend a Methodist church, and the week after this bill was passed, our bishop released a statement about this law and said some really borderline ignorant/naive things. In fact, he actually said he was more comfortable with a criminal busting into the church with a gun than a pistol packing preacher. I had to read it three times to believe someone would actually say such a thing. I have yet to respond to him about his statement because it still angers me that this was said. So, our preacher was definitely against CC in our church. Times are tough, and another church just down the road had their Sunday collection taken at knifepoint three sundays ago. So I do feel completely naked not carrying in church, and just hope nothing bad happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Russell View Post
    I know GA law says no CC in church, but does that mean only during worship services or other times people are gathered, or does that mean anytime? If a Pastor is a CCW permit holder, can he carry during the week in the office when no one but the staff is there?
    Unfortunately... "places of worship" are strictly off limits (O.C.G.A. 16-11-127)...
    Fortunately... there is a parking lot exception..
    (d) Subsection (b) of this Code section shall not apply:

(3) To a weapon or long gun possessed by a license holder which is under the possessor's control in a motor vehicle or is in a locked compartment of a motor vehicle or one which is in a locked container in or a locked firearms rack which is on a motor vehicle and such vehicle is parked in a parking facility.
    Regarding this being repealed... GeorgiaCarry.Org currently has a lawsuit pending regarding this issue...
    GeorgiaCarry.Org Inc. v. State of Georgia regarding carry ban in Places of Worship

Here is a link to Georgia Gun laws for you to review...
    Georgia Gun Laws in Plain English on GeorgiaPacking.org
    Life Member GeorgiaCarry.org http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org

Move to florida, 3 of our staff members carry and we have a group of men that specifically volunteer to be sitting on the front row carrying in case someone loses their mind

not sure about GA... i live in MI, and here u r good with pastor's permission. our pastor carries, and so do i...
    during service... i love my church!! ;)

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Russell View Post
    He or any of us can carry everywhere, anywhere we are. You simply get a concealable handgun, good holster and whoala. I don't care if you are going into a bank, a church, a school, walmart, gas station, to work, a friends house, ball game or if you are going to a pet store you CAN carry. Maybe I've had a concealed handgun on me when I've gone through and into NY city, NJ, IL, any number of places you "cannot", and maybe I haven't for the purpose of this public forum. We all CAN and SHOULD carry everywhere. It's not like we are going to pull it out and wave it around to announce our CCW status (which would effectively end the first "C" in "CCW"). After all, if you have a LIFE THREATENING encounter, would you rather succomb to your death or dismemberment or would you rather be arrested for having a gun in a church? Seriously.
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scottbland247 View Post
    Move to florida, 3 of our staff members carry and we have a group of men that specifically volunteer to be sitting on the front row carrying in case someone loses their mind
    I would recommend at least two of them sitting in the back row, with one remaining in front, for two reasons: First, the 'crap' that may happen in the pews will NOT be behind all of them. Second, they will have a vast majority of 'crap', if it happens, in front of them. Kinda like why we do not sit in restaurants or such with our backs to the door. ...You don't, do you?
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullitt4686 View Post
    I know this is about GA, but here in louisiana, Jindal (Gov), recently passed a law that allows carry in church, but it's up to the head clergy. That's how it is laid out in the bill. You can carry if the head clergy (preacher, priest, rabbi etc) allows the CC. I attend a Methodist church, and the week after this bill was passed, our bishop released a statement about this law and said some really borderline ignorant/naive things. In fact, he actually said he was more comfortable with a criminal busting into the church with a gun than a pistol packing preacher. I had to read it three times to believe someone would actually say such a thing. I have yet to respond to him about his statement because it still angers me that this was said. So, our preacher was definitely against CC in our church. Times are tough, and another church just down the road had their Sunday collection taken at knifepoint three sundays ago. So I do feel completely naked not carrying in church, and just hope nothing bad happens.
    Sad. That's all I'm gunna say. Sad.

I know this is about GA, but here in louisiana, Jindal (Gov), recently passed a law that allows carry in church, but it's up to the head clergy. That's how it is laid out in the bill. You can carry if the head clergy (preacher, priest, rabbi etc) allows the CC.
    Its the same here in Michigan, our church pastor and our regional overseer took the CPL training with us and are writing statements to allow some of us to carry. They plan on packing in the pulpit. Churches are getting robbed to and a law abiding people we need to use wisdom to be able to protect ourselves and our family. Some bad guys think that a church is an easy target that church people will not shoot at them, I know for a fact that if some bad guy storms into our church he will be filled like swiss cheese and our pastor will go from preaching a sermon to preaching a funeral!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast