OC in GA
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC in GA

OC in GA

how many of you in GA Open Carry, and how many out of State do the same?

I don't open carry only because I believe it causes more problems than what it's worth. I also believe in the element of surprise should a confrontation occur.

...only when I got out of my truck when I get home and walk to the mail box. Or when I walk from my truck on the path to the outdoor range at Chestnut Mountain off GA 136.

But as RonWill stated, too much trouble to ask for." Eeeek, he's got a gun! Call 911!"

5. You never know until you try. I openly carried for almost 2 years with no problems until last August. Still OC most of the time. Pay attention and you'll be alright.

'Fess up, Devo!

Sounds like a good story, if you've got some time.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

No open carry here either. I like the element of surprise thing.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"
    -- George Washington

8. Openly carry quite frequently. Haven't had the cops called (darn it, I Need the money, too!).

Withdrew every cent of my checking, savings, and everything else from Wachovia when a representative whispered to me "..uhh.. just so you know...going forward....you can't carry a firearm in here..." Moved everything across the street to Suntrust that same hour.

9. I carry both ways,It depends on what kind of mood I`m in.In the summer It is rather difficult to conceal a firearm.

Personally, I prefer concealed. I would OC if it were generally accepted. The last time I OC'd was at the First Annual Georgia Carry Convention, last summer. Much like others, I'm really am not interested in stirring the pot. I don't need the attention. I'm content knowing I've got what I need when I need it.

What I'd really like to see is more businesses, restaurants, etc. that condone OC. I would go out of my way (and do at times) to patronize those establishments for their support. I think it would send a message to those that are fearful of firearms, giving them the notion that we that do carry (concealed or open) do so not to intimidate, or be arrogant, but to exercise our belief in the Second Amendment, as well as to provide for our own safety.

Can you imagine a couple of hundred places (say in the Atlanta/Metro area) that encouraged OC? How many of us would frequent those places on a regular basis? I know I would. There's something very comforting about being in a place full of men and women that are carrying firearms, and, as far as I'm concerned, those places are probably the safest places to be.

I've seen a map on Google that shows a handful of places that support Georgia Carry, but it shows mainly places off limits. There are a handful of places shown that are gun friendly, but I'd like to see a map with just the friendly establishments.

For the time being, I'll keep mine concealed while I'm out in public. Not everybody I come in contact with needs to know.

11. Quote Originally Posted by RixGotSkills View Post
    Personally, I prefer concealed. I would OC if it were generally accepted. The last time I OC'd was at the First Annual Georgia Carry Convention, last summer. Much like others, I'm really am not interested in stirring the pot. I don't need the attention. I'm content knowing I've got what I need when I need it.

What I'd really like to see is more businesses, restaurants, etc. that condone OC. I would go out of my way (and do at times) to patronize those establishments for their support. I think it would send a message to those that are fearful of firearms, giving them the notion that we that do carry (concealed or open) do so not to intimidate, or be arrogant, but to exercise our belief in the Second Amendment, as well as to provide for our own safety.

Can you imagine a couple of hundred places (say in the Atlanta/Metro area) that encouraged OC? How many of us would frequent those places on a regular basis? I know I would. There's something very comforting about being in a place full of men and women that are carrying firearms, and, as far as I'm concerned, those places are probably the safest places to be.

I've seen a map on Google that shows a handful of places that support Georgia Carry, but it shows mainly places off limits. There are a handful of places shown that are gun friendly, but I'd like to see a map with just the friendly establishments.

For the time being, I'll keep mine concealed while I'm out in public. Not everybody I come in contact with needs to know.
    This might be helpful to you,OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast