Restaurant Carry
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Carry

1. Restaurant Carry

Hello I will be visiting the Savannah GA area in a couple of weeks and was curious about restaurant carry. I had a hard time finding anything on it but, I stumbled across the Georgia packing site and found this.

Georgia Gun Laws in Plain English on GeorgiaPacking.org

In a bar unless the owner permits carry (the owner has to grant permission for you to be able carry, a bar is defined as an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages, like taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and cabarets)

I assume if the restaurant's main goal is food than I should be good. I do not plan to drink at all when I am there because I do not mix booze and guns not even a couple. Could someone confirm this is true or point me to the government website that will help me. Thanks in advance

3. Honestly, where I'm at there aren't many bars per say, they are all restaurants first bar second.. I'm north of atlanta though ..

http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/georgia.pdf

If food is only an incidental part of the profits then it is considered a bar.

A restaurant's main profits is from the food. Don't sit at the bar, if there is a separate bar at the restaurant (reason being, sometimes the bar monies are a separate legal entity from the restaurant itself). In other words, you will always be safe sitting in the restaurant section. You may be safe in the bar section (attached to a restaurant). You will never be safe if the establishment is predominantly alcohol serving, unless the owner allows it.

O.C.G.A. 16-11-127
    (a) As used in this Code section, the term:
    (1) 'Bar' means an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for
    consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the
    consumption of those beverages, including, but not limited to, taverns, nightclubs, cocktail
    lounges, and cabarets.

I hope that was clear.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."
    ~ Benjamin Franklin (maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by njsportsman View Post
    Hello I will be visiting the Savannah GA area in a couple of weeks and was curious about restaurant carry. I had a hard time finding anything on it but, I stumbled across the Georgia packing site and found this.

Georgia Gun Laws in Plain English on GeorgiaPacking.org

In a bar unless the owner permits carry (the owner has to grant permission for you to be able carry, a bar is defined as an establishment that is devoted to the serving of alcoholic beverages for consumption by guests on the premises and in which the serving of food is only incidental to the consumption of those beverages, like taverns, nightclubs, cocktail lounges, and cabarets)

I assume if the restaurant's main goal is food than I should be good. I do not plan to drink at all when I am there because I do not mix booze and guns not even a couple. Could someone confirm this is true or point me to the government website that will help me. Thanks in advance
    Be careful about relying on data in the GeorgiaPacking.org website. This site is no longer owned by anyone in Georgia. It was purchased by a guy in Texas for financial gain and I don't believe it is being updated.....
    A man must do what he has to do, ain't none of us getting out of this alive....I have it from a reliable source....
    There can be no love without pain; to show you the value of love......

6. Getting ready to go to Savannah. I have a Florida and just want to ensure I can go into a Restaurant as long as it is the primary business of food service , not alcohol.
    Bars are a no.

Georgia recognizes Florida's Carry Permit, so you are good there. I carry concealed in restaurants all the time. If you are sitting in the main dinning area you should be fine. A also believe Georgia law prohibits drinking alcohol while armed, so you may want to research that a bit more before partaking, which is one of the primary past time in Savannah!

8. I dont/wont drink while carrying. Not worth it in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
    I dont/wont drink while carrying. Not worth it in any way.
    not worth it? in FLA there are no laws prohibiting drinking while carrying

10. Quote Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
    not worth it? in FLA there are no laws prohibiting drinking while carrying
    I personally dont think it is worth it to drink while carrying a loaded weapon. Thats me, is my moral responsibility to my family.

I agree with Steven, if you were to get into an altercation in which a weapon was drawn or used, and you had been drinking, I can't see that going well if it made it to a court of law. Better safe than sorry!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast