Senior Citizen moved to North GA, wants firearm instruction, ATL is too far to drive

Thread: Senior Citizen moved to North GA, wants firearm instruction, ATL is too far to drive

Question Senior Citizen moved to North GA, wants firearm instruction, ATL is too far to drive

The Title pretty much says it. I moved back to North Georgia - Fannin Co - and am not able to drive to Atlanta for firearm instructions, nor can I afford to pay hundreds of dollars for instructions on a fixed retirement income.

Is there any training available within a reasonable distance of Fannin County? Reasonable being no more than an hour's drive.

What would you suggest? How can I get the instructions I need for an affordable cost -- say under $100 total, preferably less. Can someone suggest youtube videos or ebooks or even the best books I could purchase which would give me the education I need?

And is there a workbook or some simple to comprehend booklet on Georgia's Concealed and Open Carry Laws?

Thank you for your help. I want to be cognizant of the laws and I need a simple explanation of them. Convoluted wording in the explanation of laws is very confusing to me.

I also would like to know if there is a gun club closer to me than Chatuge Gun Club [not listed on your site].

Thank you,
    Coosa
    Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Which is why using a laser sight is recommended.

I would try here:
    Welcome to GeorgiaPacking.org

They should be able to help more.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    I would try here:
    Welcome to GeorgiaPacking.org

They should be able to help more.
    They have Georgia's gun laws in plain english.

There's Plain English and then there's ...

Quote Originally Posted by foxytwo View Post
    They have Georgia's gun laws in plain english.
    I'm looking at "In Plain English" from GeorgiaPacking right now. Maybe it's just too much information at one time on one page, but my brain does not compute. Sensory Overload. [Those 'blue highlights' with the chapter/verse of the Law do not help my concentration.]

I learn better when someone teaches and explains what's written.

But I have to use what I've got ... so thank you for this information.

I think it was easier when all we had was the Second Amendment and the States stayed out of it.

Thanks, Coosa
    Ephesians 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Which is why using a laser sight is recommended.

Gun Range & Instruction N. GA

Coosa: There is a new gun range that offers instruction in Ellijay just 20 minutes from you there in Blue Ridge. They have a great indoor range, gun store, etc. I would check them out. Here are a few links with more details:

* Their web site: North GA Gun Range
    * Their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/northgagunrange

Joe