Madison Co. Gun Ordinance Defeated - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Madison Co. Gun Ordinance Defeated

Absolutely not! why?, because it's just another stupid law. I'm sure there are numerous laws on the books in Georgia and other states about making noise and disturbing your neighbors that would already cover someone shooting a gun near your home, even if just target practicing right next door to you.

Kind of like the guy yesterday at my gun club, who happens to come from New Your state by the way, who's solution to gun control was to put someone in power who knows about guns and could choose which guns we could have and which are truly evil assault rifles.... Hell NO. the whole point is not having the government, no matter if you agreed with the choice, deciding for you.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Absolutely not! why?, because it's just another stupid law. I'm sure there are numerous laws on the books in Georgia and other states about making noise and disturbing your neighbors that would already cover someone shooting a gun near your home, even if just target practicing right next door to you.

Kind of like the guy yesterday at my gun club, who happens to come from New Your state by the way, who's solution to gun control was to put someone in power who knows about guns and could choose which guns we could have and which are truly evil assault rifles.... Hell NO. the whole point is not having the government, no matter if you agreed with the choice, deciding for you.
    Are you telling me that prohibiting the discharge of a firearm that close to someone's home is a stupid law? What if it were your home?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

wolfhunter Guest
    My neighbors are welcome to discharge their firearms at any time they feel it is the responsible course of action. Just as they expect me to act responsibly.

5. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    My neighbors are welcome to discharge their firearms at any time they feel it is the responsible course of action. Just as they expect me to act responsibly.
    Thats how I see it. FWIW, I live directly in between the state forest and the wild life management area. Its not uncommon during deer season to see hunters with their trucks lined up along the road directly in front of my house. So they are what maybe 200 feet away. I have no problem with this as they are shooting away from the homes (I have a few neighbors but were spread out)

If the neighbors behind me want to watch the wife and I shoot some targets and/or clays they just have to look out their front window (my property surrounds them). Id say were maybe 300 feet from them while shooting but Ive never measured it. We can certainly see them and they can see us as we've waved to them. (yes they are from Florida just like I am and moved here 2 years after I did. they are from Ft Meyers)

They are the closest to us and we told em the day they moved in and met us that we'd be shooting guns on any given day. They simply asked that we not shoot towards their home (yeah silly of course we wouldnt)

I am responsible and shoot into a backstop and the land behind that rises. The next neighbor behind that is 1/2 mile away.

I expect my neighbors to be responsible too. Im not the only guy shooting out here either.

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Are you telling me that prohibiting the discharge of a firearm that close to someone's home is a stupid law? What if it were your home?

No, what I'm saying is there are already laws on the books to deal with it.

Here's an example.... there is a specific law on the books in S.C. that makes it a crime for you to kill someone while you are robbing them while you are coming from hunting or fishing......

there are already laws that makes it a crime to kill someone... there are already laws that makes it a crime to rob someone.... what the heck does coming from or going to hunt or fish have to do with it?

It's like making a specific law against killing a LEO while they are performing their duty....
    IT IS STUPED BECAUSE IT IS REDUNDANT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12