Ammo Bill Hits Georgia - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ammo Bill Hits Georgia

Coding ammo sounds to me like another step in trying to disarm Jon Q public. How would ranges be able to tell if your ammo was code? unless you had to buy it their. Say you live in south Georgia and ran across the boarder to florida or, for that fact any state that boarders Georgia are the LEO's going to be wating when you come back to make sure your ammo is coded?

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrooks View Post
    Coding ammo sounds to me like another step in trying to disarm Jon Q public. How would ranges be able to tell if your ammo was code? unless you had to buy it their. Say you live in south Georgia and ran across the boarder to florida or, for that fact any state that boarders Georgia are the LEO's going to be wating when you come back to make sure your ammo is coded?
    I don't think they would, however, if you were to be stopped for a traffic violation or at a DUI check point and they saw your handgun they could then examine your ammo. It's definitely an anti bill that they're trying to pass as a "crime prevention" bill. Let's say you're at the range and someone steals a few rounds of your ammo. You may not notice half a dozen rounds missing unless you count every time. This ammo is then used in a crime and gets traced back to you. Much like the gun database that failed so miserably, this bill has to many holes to be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcrooks View Post
    Sounds like it would have to be coded to be sold in GA, not that you could not bring in your own ... so Mail order would be out too?
    SC CWP, NR - NH P/R L
    .45 Randall 1911
    .45 Glock 21

Quote Originally Posted by 340mopar View Post
    Sounds like it would have to be coded to be sold in GA, not that you could not bring in your own ... so Mail order would be out too?
    That's not really correct. You wouldn't even be able to import your own ammo into the state or even possess uncoded ammo. The following excerpts explain:

"imported into this state for sale or personal use"

"(b) Not later than January 1, 2012, all noncoded handgun ammunition, whether owned by private citizens or commercial entities, shall be disposed of in accordance with the rules and regulations of the department."

I received two replies from a letter I wrote Lt. Governor Cagle concerning his statement on gun bills "I think people should be content with where we are." Both saying exactly the same thing and dated 4 days apart. It's apparent that there will be little help this year for pro 2A bills, let's see if this will be true for anti bills also.

I was in Walmart (Dallas Ga.) yesterday and there were absolutely no small arms rounds on the shelves. None.

Quote Originally Posted by wpharris View Post
    I was in Walmart (Dallas Ga.) yesterday and there were absolutely no small arms rounds on the shelves. None.
    Went into the local Walmart today (01/20/09) and they still stock ammo and long guns.

9. The fun part is....all that ammunition that can be fed into handguns and rifles/carbines. Also, all the various ammunition could be chambered in almost any Thompson Contender! I have had the question asked of me, "Will this be used in a pistol or rifle?" when purchasing .22 cal rimfire LR, when buying such at "Walmart". This now asks the question, is this to incllude any and all ammunition? Duuuuhhhhhhh.

10. Just think, every round you fire at the range you will have to make sure you pick up, you won't want someone else reloading ammo that's registered in your name. And for those that don't reload how are you going to get rid of the brass. So you would have to keep track of how many rounds you shoot, where the brass goes, and check the code so you don't pick you a case from the guy shooting in the lane next to you. Are we having fun yet.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123