1911 Owners

1911 Owners

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. spf159753
    spf159753
    What ever happened to Colt,who started it all??
    Boy are they stupid.
    Almost Everyone makes a better 1911,then Colt now.
    Kimber,Wilson Combat,Springfield Armory,Les Bear,etc., ALL
    make a better 1911,then Colt.
    Boy did they drop the ball.
    John M. Browning gives Colt the best gun to make,and
    Colt drops the ball,and hardly makes them anymore.
    OH Well !!!!!
  2. shipdriver65
    My original 1911 is a full size accurized Colt Government Model with a handmade monel barrel bushing heat-sweated into the barrel housing (so I have to reassemble the hard way - compressing and holding the recoil spring internally while slipping in the housing retention pin. It still outshoots all of my other guns and probably would give a Wilson a run for the money. It's just too big for CCW so I have been slowly progressing to smaller and smaller .45's. Just got a Para PDA45 today and will give it a good workout on the range on Friday (if it isn't too cold - outdoor police/sheriff range).
  3. spf159753
    spf159753
    My first Colt I used to own was;
    a MKIV Ser 80 Combat commander in stainless.
    James Hoag worked on it,and now I wish I never sold it.
    But my wilson Combat 1911 is WAY better.
  4. crazycathed
    crazycathed
    this is my first handgun ever. Rock Island. got it last month. don't know why I started out with such a large gun. it is a classic design and I could afford it. my next 1911 will be a thompson.
  5. Tophog
    Tophog
    Just an update.
    I went to the show in Vegas this weekend. Only found one Para 12, and they wanted around $800, so never mind. I couldn't leave empty handed, so I picked up a Mini Firestorm .45 and a Davis derringer in .22 mag.
    The Firestorm is a neat little gun for a low end weapon. Nice safety features, and solid. I ran ball, semi-wads, hollow points and questionable reloads through it with no problem. It is quite accurate. And being a 7+1 compact, it's very concealable. Overall, I am very satisfied with this as a carry weapon.
    I'll still keep my 1911, but I got tired of lugging the old "sledge hammer" around.
  6. bundeswehrvet
    bundeswehrvet
    Returned to the 1911 community yesterday, after foolishly departing back in 1986. But to make amends, picked up a very nice Commander from an ol' Army buddy.....glad to be back and won't make a departure mistake again!
  7. fredmaidment
    fredmaidment
    Auto Ordinance. Hope to someday be able to get a Kimber. Ah, student loans...
  8. shadowbhindyou
    shadowbhindyou
    Hello everyone!
    I have a Les Baer Custom and I CC a Kimber Ultra CDP II, in a Fist OWB holster.
    I also have a Sig P226 in .40 cal. (picture of the LBC in my album).
  9. RyanDro45
    RyanDro45
    Check out my new grip for my PT1911 ss1
  10. Raptor-Carry
    Raptor-Carry
    I have a Kimber Ultra Raptor II with Rosewood CTL grips. Carried in a Kimber Logo Mitch Rosen High Ride Holster. The Ultra Raptor is accurate beyond belief. With or without the CTL sight. During the first two Magazines it failed to return to battery twice. After that, no problems at all. Should I mention that I love this handgun?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Quantcast