Open carry vs. concealed carry --

Open carry vs. concealed carry --

1. Conservative Wife & Mom
    Conservative Wife & Mom
    Open carry vs. concealed carry -- which helps you feel safer?
  2. dixie.38
    dixie.38
    I don't open carry. (You can be sure someone will see it and call the law on you). As far as safer. I really can't say.
  3. MKEgal
    MKEgal
    From a purely academic point of view, I think I'd feel safer concealed.
    Don't get people in a tizzy.
    Don't get stopped by the cops.
    Don't get targeted by Bad Guys.
  4. imadragonkeeper
    imadragonkeeper
    I agree with MKEgal - the less people who know you carry the better. My CCW instructor says if you are doing your job right no one will ever know :)
    Think about it - a couple of BGs go into a bank to rob it - who is the first one they take out? The security guard. Because he is the only one who is a threat. If you open carry you will also be a target. Concealed you will be just another customer on the floor and live another day. I won't get into should you or should you not attempt to stop a robbery as there are way too many factors and what ifs involved...
  5. Conservative Wife & Mom
    Conservative Wife & Mom
    Virginia is an open carry and concealed carry State. Around the house, DH and I open carry, but in public, it's strictly concealed carry for us. I'm pretty certain that a lot of my friends and Church family members would be very surprised to know that I'm an armed female. On the other hand, I would probably be surprised as to how many of them carry, too!. I agree that concealed carry affords the advantage of the element of surprise if one ever has to deal with BGs.
  6. KathleenElsie
    KathleenElsie
    Open carry mostly at home. Occasional into my small town or if there is a special OC event near us. OC at my husband work place as do the rest of the employees. OC while on the tractor or outside. Right now there are just tooo many strangers drilling for NG in our area to not be armed most of the time when I am home alone or with the kids.
Quantcast