Do you conceal carry?

Do you conceal carry?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Conservative Wife & Mom
    Conservative Wife & Mom
    Best conceal carry techniques for women?
  2. Conservative Wife & Mom
    Conservative Wife & Mom
    I purchased a conceal carry purse that I absolutely love. It has a lockable zippered compartment on the side that allows for concealed carry of a holster and my handgun. When the main compartments of the purse are exposed to public view, no weapon can be seen. It is very roomy and easily holds all of my essentials. Information on the purse that I purchased can be found at this URL:
    Roma Leathers Sierra Concealment Carry Purse Tan Leather
  3. imadragonkeeper
    imadragonkeeper
    I carry in an inside the waistband holster. I rarely carry a purse and would be likely to forget and leave it somewhere ;) Plus a purse can be snatched. It's really all preference and lifestyle for the most part. I carry mine sometimes just to walk around my property, feed the horses etc to become as comfortable as I can with caarying it.
  4. Conservative Wife & Mom
    Conservative Wife & Mom
    I'm currently searching for an IWB holster, imadragonkeeper, for summer wear when working in the yard, etc. What one do you have and is it "gun specific"? I've seen the waist band holsters that are sold according to waist size. The only reason that I'm hesitating to buy THAT one is that I'm on a diet and exercising, so my waist will be much smaller by summer. That's great for my waistline, but wouldn't be too good if I purchased a waist band holster now!

On the "purse snatching" concern, I always carry purses with a sholder strap long enough to wear across my body...strap over head, on right shoulder with purse hanging at left side...making snatching my purse pretty darned difficult.
  5. imadragonkeeper
    imadragonkeeper
    I have a Crossbreed Supertuck that I used for my Taurus 24/7 - sadly it does not fit my 1911. They are gun specific which is their only drawback. I will be purchasing a Kholster for my 1911 once the supertuck sells - although they too are gun specific they have many more adjustments for ride depth and cant which I hink is more important for women than men being that we have to angle our weapons differently than men do to carry comfortably. More cant adjustment means you can adjust it to carry cross draw or strong side draw. As for the purse thing - those who carry concealed and are accustomed to carry a purse (like you) probably do just fine - I have never been a purse carrier as most of my time is spent doing outdoor activities and the few times I do have one with me it is all I have not to walk out of someplace and leave it on the back of the chair lol.
  6. kwnzqs
    kwnzqs
    I have a concealed carry purse that I use - cross body only. I have a hard time totally concealing my Sig P-239 9mm in a IWB holster or OWB holster, especially this time of year. Purchased the bag from Coronado Leather and am very happy with it. Inside holster keeps my weapon secure in my purse and also carry with concealed compartment facing front on my left shoulder. So far, this is the only thing that works for me.
  7. Conservative Wife & Mom
    Conservative Wife & Mom
    Thanks for the post, kwnzqs. Like you, when conceal carrying in a purse, I ALWAYS carry cross body so the purse can't be snatched off of my shoulder. And, since I'm right handed, I position the purse on the left side of my body for the easiest and most rapid access to the hidden concealment gun compartment.
  8. KathleenElsie
    KathleenElsie
    Since I don't wear slacks but skirts I carry inside the waistband or in a custom made waist cincher LOL. I found a real nice purse for when this is not practicable but I don't feel that a purse is very secure and could be stolen. One thing that I have found is that if you add a length of SS cable into the strap it can't be cut off of you in a purse snatching. I always carry the purse when I use it on my left shoulder with the purse in the front.
  9. LilRedMeanie
    LilRedMeanie
    I usually carry IWB. I use a regular Black Hawk IWB holster. I also have an OWB holster with an extra mag clip for things like hunting, hiking, etc. I do carry in my purse but VERY RARELY do I do that because I do not have a purse made for that and has very short straps. When driving around my pistol is usually tucked in between my drivers seat and the shifter/console. I leave it in my locked console when I'm at work (can't have it inside).
  10. eagleeyes
    eagleeyes
    not yet but am learning and practicing to do so in a safe effective manner
    my son talked me into getting one for home protection years ago which i kept under my bed for years and was never comfortable even moving the box it was in while cleaning under my bed made me nervous and hoped i never had to use it. we did take it to the range years ago and i fired it some and didn't like firing it even too loud it scared me to be honest because i didn't know anything really about guns
    but getting older and being a string of robberies in the area and a lady cop told me how crime in our city was up 80 percent and all i decided it may behoove me to get familiar with that gun so i could use it effectively if needed
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Quantcast