Px4Storm 9MM

Px4Storm 9MM

1. dlh
    dlh
    Hi, I am new here.
    I purchased a new Px4Storm 9MM in July, 2009. Both me and my wife have a very difficult time target shooting it as we both find the trigger pull very difficult to handle. It is double action only, the trigger is hard to pull and does not have crisp firing point. It makes it difficult to hit the target.
    I had my local gunsmith look at it and he told me it cannot be changed due to the pistol design.
    Does anyone have the same problem?
    Thanks for any info.
    d
  2. packnheat
    packnheat
    dlh - Sounds like you got a "D" model which is DAO or Double Action Only. I'm new to this so there's others here that are much more experienced than I so take what i say with a grain of salt until one of the experts weighs in. The DAO basically acts similar to a western style handgun in that a pull of thrigger has to cock the hammer which means there's a greater or longer pull than one of the other models such as the "F". The "F" is a D/SAO Double action for the first pull and then single action for the follow ons. The second shot is Single shot as the weapon "re-cocks" itself after the first shot. Not sure if that makes any sense. The manual on the PX4 (Page 55) will explain it better than I can. I can shoot you the web link if you need it. Hope this helps.

bt
  3. dlh
    dlh
    Finally am returning to your reply.
    I own around 30 firearms in all and have found the Beretta Px4Storm the most difficult to fire and hit the target. I have .357 Mag, 38 Special, 45ACP, .44 Mag, and a .22 Ruger, etc. None have been as difficult to hit the target as with the Px4Storm 9MM. for both me and my wife. It is t he trigger pull and it is really indiscriminate as to when it fires.
    This lack of consistency really makes target hitting difficult.
    I like the handling of the pistol, but need more accuracy.
    Any help, other than just practice? I know, practice makes perfect.
    Thanks for any advice.
    dlh
  4. muskyfever
    muskyfever
    Yea that sucks, I have a PX4 Storm 45 F and it's a double / single action.
  5. Monavillemare
    Hello group, I am a new member as of tonight and this my first time posting to any kind of a forum, ever. I have a Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm and I love it. It is my bed holster gun, not CCW. My husband and I love to hunt, shoot and reload. I look forward to learning from this environment.
Quantcast