interchanging barrels to add a suppressor

interchanging barrels to add a suppressor

1. wolf_fire
    wolf_fire
    Hey all, hopefully someone can help me since I have asked every dealer I know and no one seems to be able to give me a straight answer.

I have a Gen 3 G23, and a Gen 4 G22. I wish to get a suppressor for my G23, but would like to do it with a barrel that works on both firearms in case I decide to use the suppressor on the G22 at a later date. Therefore, I would need a G22 barrel. I have been told that Glock does not make a G22 threaded barrel that will work on both a Gen 3 G23 and a Gen 4 G22. So my question is, is there an aftermarket barrel that is threaded that will fit on both the G22 (gen 4) and the G23 (gen 3)?

Thanks.
  2. wolf_fire
    wolf_fire
    Well, I answered my own question. The answer is no. I just put the Gen 4 barrel in my gen 3 gun. I could tell right away that the recoil assembly spring wasn't going to have as much tension and that the barrel catch for the slide lock mechanism would be out of place as well. I wasn't about to place the slide on the firearm with these two obvious signs that things would go awry.

I have heard that Lone Wolf makes a barrel that would work in both gen 3 and gen 4, but seeing what I saw, I'm not sure how they could get one to work both G23 gen 3, and a G22 gen 4.
Quantcast