Glock modifications

Glock modifications

1. farsidefan1
    farsidefan1
    While at Front sight I saw a notice to modify glocks making several improvements. I have a pre generation glock 23. They put in a much more prominant mag release and lock back mechanism making those actions much easier. They also modified the trigger. These seemed to be pretty standard modifications. My wife just got a 19 generation 4. My question is this, does it need any "standard modifications"? I know nothing about the inner works of the weapons. Thanks for the help.
  2. wolf_fire
    wolf_fire
    I'm a Glock armorer and can tell you that the inner workings of the Glock are extremely simple. There are only about 36 parts in the Glock (give or take a few depending on generation and model). The way the Glock works is all tied up in the trigger housing. When you depress the trigger, making sure the center trigger safety is also depressed this does three things:
    one: The trigger safety is lifted upward allowing the trigger to fully move rearward
    two: connected to the trigger housing is a trigger bar that will lift the firing pin safety. The firing pin safety blocks the firing pin from going forward unless it is pushed upward by the trigger bar.
    three: The back end of the trigger bar has a metal catch that holds the firing pin lug. When the trigger is pulled back, the part of the trigger bar moves downward, freeing the lug and allowing the firing pin to go forward.
  3. wolf_fire
    wolf_fire
    There is no way for this firearm to go off without the trigger being depressed and depressed from the center of the trigger. Therefore, my recommendation is to never have an aftermarket company mess with the trigger housing. This is where all your safeties are activated from.

Concerning what you call the "lock back mechanism", I have to assume you mean the slide stop lever. There are some aftermarket designs that give a horizontal release on this so that one can flick it and allow the slide to rack forward. Do not do this with your Glock. This is not the intention of the slide stop lever. Always rack the slide by pulling back and then let the slide go forward; this allows the lever to return to position and then let the slide go forward. Failure to do so over time will cause the slide stop lever to wear and possibly become ineffective.
  4. wolf_fire
    wolf_fire
    The only modifications I have done on all my Glocks is replace the stupid plastic sights that Glock puts on their firearms. To my gen 3 G23, I added an extended magazine release, but did not need to on my gen 4 G22.

Here's a link to the safeties I mentioned:
    Our ?Safe Action? System. Always safe and always ready. | GLOCK USA

If you have any other questions, feel free to keep asking. (The reason for 3 posts, apparently there is a 1000 char max)
  5. GunnyGene
    GunnyGene
    As a Glock armorer, I agree with everything wolf_fire said! Another point is the larger magizine release, I have seen several mags released accidently because of them. Just my opinion, but the regular mag release works just fine. What do you think wolf_fire?
  6. GunnyGene
    GunnyGene
    As an after thought, I believe in the motto "Glock Perfection"!
  7. GunnyGene
    GunnyGene
    As a Glock armorer, I agree with every thing wolf_fire said! Another point is the over sized magazine release, I have seen several mag accidently released because of them. What do you think wolf_fire? I believe in the motto "Glock Perfection"!
  8. walknotinfear
    walknotinfear
    I have close to $600 in after market parts in my Glock 35. I have the trigger pull down to about 2.5 lbs. I love it.
Quantcast