What biblical authority do we as Christians have to be armed and ready

What biblical authority do we as Christians have to be armed and ready

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. festus
    festus
    What Biblical authority do we have to be armed and ready? I already know but...This is a topic that comes up when folks who don't know are discussing with folks that do.

1. Christ was not a wimpy dude.
    2. Peter was plenty tough and well armed for his day.
    3. Every one has hear the Let him who has no sword sell his coat and buy one but WHY?

OK You guys run with it .
  2. Conservative Wife & Mom
    Conservative Wife & Mom
    Since God created mankind in His own image, He views murder (the innocent taking of another's life) as a sin -- Romans 1:29 -- and considers it punishable by death -- Romans 1:32. If we defend ourselves, or others, from the murderous intent of another person, we are reacting to fear and a strong desire to survive. Fear and the survival instinct are gifts from God that lets us know that we are in danger and should take immediate action to protect ourselves. In John 15:13, Jesus states that there is no greater love than to lay down our lives for our friends -- I interpret this to mean that when we unselfishly and bravely put our lives in danger for others (i.e. coming to their defense against acts of crime), we have pleased our Lord and Master.

That's my Christian belief concerning firearms...and I'm sticking to it.
  3. gestu1
    gestu1
    Amen Sister. God tells us over and over to fight evil. What better way do this then by being prepared to defend those that are threatened with bodily harm or death. Many folks against guns will often twist John 15:13 to mean things such as pushing someone out of the way of a train or diving into a river to save someone. They miss the fact that carrying a weapon to defend oneself and others puts us in the same position. We just want to be ready. We have come to grips with how the world is and realize there's a good chance that we may encounter a violent situation. I hope and pray that no one will have to kill but it does happen.
    LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!
  4. mot mayhem
    mot mayhem
    God doesn't condemn killing, just murder. Remember, Saul killed his thousands, David his tens of thousands.
  5. Brass Blazin
    Brass Blazin
    Dont want to step on any toes, but I like to keep it simple. " God helps those who help themselves"
  6. Stephen_Leigh
    Stephen_Leigh
    I am new to this website but I am not a new christian In the bible it says in Exodus 22:2 it talks about a thief entering a home and he is killed there is no bloodshed no murder. The bible does say eye for an eye tooth for a tooth. I have also heard that people comment on the scripture turn the other cheek. Somone brought up a good point about if someone slaps you on one cheek and you turn the other and they slap you again the bible doesn't say what to do then some people have interpreted that as you better be prepared to defend yourself.
  7. dadwoodsr
    dadwoodsr
    Greetings - I am fairly new to USA carry and just discovered this group. After reading some of the other discussions in the forum, there certainly is a variety of perspectives on the issues concerning the Lord, those who claim to follow Him, and the gun concerns.
    Anyhow - hello to all
  8. Farmhood
    Farmhood
    By the authority of the One true God
    As you know...it was foretold that He send His only Son to die, rise from the dead and now sit at His right hand. This was witnessed and recorded in time. No other can make this claim nor have history to prove it!

Yes, By the Authority of Almighty God.
  9. Farmhood
    Farmhood
    Nehemiah 4: 14-20
    14 And I looked, and arose and said to the nobles, to the leaders, and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, great and awesome, and fight for your brethren, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your houses.”

15 And it happened, when our enemies heard that it was known to us, and that God had brought their plot to nothing, that all of us returned to the wall, everyone to his work.
  10. Farmhood
    Farmhood
    16 So it was, from that time on, that half of my servants worked at construction, while the other half held the spears, the shields, the bows, and wore armor; and the leaders were behind all the house of Judah. 17 Those who built on the wall, and those who carried burdens, loaded themselves so that with one hand they worked at construction, and with the other held a weapon. 18 Every one of the builders had his sword girded at his side as he built. And the one who sounded the trumpet was beside me.

19 Then I said to the nobles, the rulers, and the rest of the people, “The work is great and extensive, and we are separated far from one another on the wall. 20 Wherever you hear the sound of the trumpet, rally to us there. [B]Our God will fight for us[/B].”
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Quantcast