Trigger configuration

Trigger configuration

1. RevJimmyO
    RevJimmyO
    My USP 40c is eqiuipped with version 1 trigger and after around 3000 rounds through it so far, I still have trouble getting two quick accurate shots off when shooting from DA mode. I carry in decocked config, so my 1st pull is against the hammer spring, while the second is SA. Wondering if any of you experts really like the LEM version.
  2. festus
    festus
    I have a SA/DA USP 45 I just run most drills with her and can get out 1&2 followed by 3 in the Mozambique drill pretty quickly. I don't like the LEM it just doesn't seem right to me. But you are also talking to a guy who cut his teeth on Berretta 92F and Makarovs
  3. RevJimmyO
    RevJimmyO
    Do you carry with the safety on, or the hammer decocked? Or both?
  4. festus
    festus
    One in the chamber, safety off, decocked
  5. ConditionOne
    ConditionOne
    My carry weapon is a USP .45 Compact, and I've been carrying it with one in the chamber, decocked, safety on.

I've done a little practice drawing and thumbing the safety off in the same motion and have found it to not be very difficult. I was fairly new to handguns when I started carrying, and I just felt more comfortable that way.

Now that I'm much more comfortable with my gun, I may start carrying with the safety off, just to simplify the process. I suppose the less I have to do to have my weapon in a ready state, the more reliable it really is.
  6. Sheldon
    Sheldon
    I just picked up an airsoft full sized USP, this thing looks real (except for the hot orange barrel) feels real, is sa da slide locks open on last round, the decocker even works! Check out KWAUSA.com I can do drills, mosembique, hip shoot, shoot cans tossed in the air, in short things that actually would be unsafe with a real gun.
  7. 17Load
    17Load
    I know this discussion is old... just joined the group, so I'm catching up. I carry my USP Compact (40SW) (which, like yours, has the V1 trigger) I carry it de-cocked, safety off. I also carry a P2000SK (also 40SW) which has the LEM trigger. In my opinion, I'm carrying both weapons in the same configuration: I just have to pull the trigger for the desired result. At work, we carry the Beretta M9 concealed and if you properly follow the AF instructions for loading the weapon, the last thing you do is take the weapon off of safe and put it on fire - so again, all I have to do is pull the trigger. It makes sense to me to carry the same way at home and at work, so I never have to give even a split second of thought to whether or not a safety is 'on'. My first shot is always going to be DA and with enough practice, I've started getting 2 quick accurate shots off.
  8. 17Load
    17Load
    So RevJimmyO, what did you end up doing?
Quantcast