Indiana Carry Permits

Indiana Carry Permits

1. vanphillips
    vanphillips
    Our Indiana Carry permits are not honored in as many states as say the Kentucky, Florida and Arizona permits! For example our permit is not honored in Ohio or West Virginia but a Kentucky permit is honored by both states. There may be several reasons for this but two of the biggest reasons are 1. we don't have our photograph on the permit (think about sorting out grandfathers, fathers and sons with the same name just adding XXX XXX, II or III). And 2. the other big reason is we don't have to be trained and show a level of skill with our firearm to qualify. I'm curious, would you be willing to submit to a photo ID, like a drivers license, and qualify with your pistol to have our permits accepted by more states?
  2. vanphillips
    vanphillips
    By the way I would!
  3. Comp_sH00tEr24
    Comp_sH00tEr24
    Yes, as long as it's a lifetime permit I submit blood, a hair sample and any other sample they may wan to increase reciprocityt
    The thing is...we would have to submit a photo every couple of years and get a new permit every couple of years, but I have no problem with showing some competency with a firearm before getting a permit.
  4. larrys0227
    larrys0227
    I don't yet have a permit. But I expect to before summer is over. I have no problem with a picture on the permit and I think a basic safety class is a reasonable requirement for a permit. In fact I think we should lobby for a required safety class.
  5. hzwj67
    hzwj67
    Sorry it took so long to post, but I do agree with all that is said. I have a lifetime permit now, and have had permits for a couple of decades or so. I have fortunately had the opportunity to receive some informal training with a leo firearms trainer I was acquainted with.
    I believe a photo id is a good idea and some level of ccw training at a reasonable price. Frontsight and others are well recommended, but far away and expensive. If we could get local training similar to those, that would be great.
  6. ack8910
    ack8910
    ^Agree 100% with every single thing HWZ said.
  7. vanphillips
    vanphillips
    I don't know where you live, but if you are near Indiana, I will be teaching an NRA - Basic Pistol Course at the Linden Conservation Club on Sunday - September 25th and it only costs $75.00

Van Phillips (vanphill)
  8. tquadeer
    tquadeer
    I agree with you, I don't mind having a photo ID on our carrying licenses in order to have indiana accepted by more states. How can we propose this matter?
Quantcast