Double action Long rigger pull

Double action Long rigger pull

1. Gunho
    Gunho
    I purchased an LC9 for my wife and she really likes it. That's what counts the most. I have a friend who looked at the LC9 and decided against purchasing it because of the double action trigger and the long trigger pull and long trigger reset. I have been considering getting a trigger job done to shorten the pull. I was a you tube where a guy did it. a modified trigger bar can be purchased and installed that has a hole drilled part way up to shorten the pull. anybody have any experience with it?
  2. r0cknu
    r0cknu
    I sure would like to know the answer to this. I'm in the same situation as your friend. Love the idea of this Ruger but need a little better trigger feel before I'm willing to commit.
  3. whodat2710
    whodat2710
    Just my opinion, but I like the double action only with a stronger trigger pull on a weapon designed specifically for Concealed Carry. This is not a gun I would carry in the line of duty as a side-arm, but I think Ruger put a lot of thought into this. You would be hard pressed to accidentally fire this weapon while drawing or holstering. If your wife can physically pull the trigger while maintaining control of the gun, practice is a better answer than a trigger job.
  4. lbleess
    I found the same problem when I bought the LC9 for my wife. The trigger pull is horrendous. I did find a place on line that can do a trigger job on the gun and they say it cuts the pull in half. Here is the link. I'm going to have it done sometime. Hope the info helps.
    LC9 LC380 Performance Parts | Galloway Precision
  5. Gunho
    Gunho
    I also bought one for my wife. And I end up carry it alot myself. Iam also thinking about a trigger job. She does good with the trigger because it's the only gun she has owned. it's a little more for me to get used to since I am used to shooting a glock. but I do like carrying it for it's smaller size and easier concealability. I do think practice and handling it more is part of the solution before a trigger job though.
  6. martyay
    martyay
    I've used a 1911 for 16 years in the Navy and when I bought my LC9 my groups were low and to the right (I'm right handed) but with practice, I now am able to pull the cocking portion and hold for a second then fire. My groups are centered and back to normal. It took a few magazines before I got used to it. Now I like it.
  7. Gunho
    Gunho
    Thanks for all the thoughts. I carry the LC9 more than my Glock 19 and my wife wonders if it is still her gun. I purchased a 35% shorter trigger bar and spring kit from Galloway Precision. It is a drop in ready bar that also has 2 different reduction springs in the kit. I also purchased a Short Stroke II Trigger from RTK. This trigger changes the angle on the trigger so it further enhances a shorter trigger pull. I haven't installed them yet because I would like to find out what lawyers would do to turn it against me if I ever happened to be in a shooting and have to take someone's life. I was wondering if the lawyers would use the angle that I modified the gun to make it more of killer or some such stupid thing. As if a gun could be more of a killer than any other gun.

Anybody have any thoughts, know any laws or court cases concerning this kind of issue?

Thanks.
Quantcast