So what is the NC Law?

So what is the NC Law?

1. trentpnc
    trentpnc
    I took the CWP class over 6 years ago. With the recent nefarious activity around my home combined with the Zimmerman trial, the wife and I have been trying to look up the 'current' laws on castle doctrine and stand your ground in NC. I have read a few newspaper articles that date back in 2012 and a couple from 2013, but we are having a bit of a hard time discerning what is 'current'. We have had county sheriffs tell us one thing, the local PD tell us another and a DA tells us something else? Any knowledgeable people from NC that can help us narrow down the current law would be appreciated.
  2. trentpnc
    trentpnc
    My thought on the 'current' law is that if someone is in the process of breaking into your home (i.e. prying at the door with some tool) and I am in fear of harm then I have the right to drill them with SR40. What do you think?
  3. trentpnc
    trentpnc
    The DA seems to thin that he has to be inside the home, which by my understanding is the old law.
  4. SAFEshooters
    SAFEshooters
    A person can use defensive force against someone who is in the process of unlawfully & forcibly entering, or had unlawfully & forcibly entered, or if they had removed or were attempting to remove someone against their will. Or if you knew that an unlawful & forcible entry or unlawful & forcible act was occurred or had occurred. But you can't use defensive force if they have a lawful right to be there, or are a resident, or if they were retrieving someone that is in their legal custody, or if they are a law enforcement officer or bail bondsman in their official duties, or if they have discontinued their efforts to enter or they have left, or if the person using defensive force was furthering and criminal offense that involves the use or threat of violence.

Maybe this helps.
Quantcast