What Ammunition To Use For Defense

What Ammunition To Use For Defense

1. rock919
    rock919
    I currently use Remington High Performance Jacket 9mm Luger for my Sig Sauer P226r. This is Hollow Point. I bought this for defense purposes. From what I understand Full Metal Jacket is better for that purpose. I like using Remington. However, I honestly do not know which is the best type and which is the best manufacturer for defense ammunition. I would appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
  2. TangoDown
    TangoDown
    I use 3 different types of ammo in my SIG P229's. My main EDC ammo is Hornady Critical Defense, my secondaey EDC ammo is Speer Gold Dot and lastly, standard ball ammo for situations which call for hard hitting power where there's no worry of hitting innocents due to over penetration.
  3. Brabbit
    Brabbit
    I use Hornaday C D or Pow'R Ball for regular carry in my P226, but at home with little one's I change to a magazine of Winchester Supreme Elite Bonded PDXI.Won't be able to say how effective unless SHTF! I would appreciate any options that have been "tested".
  4. rrman12280
    rrman12280
    Primary is Speer Gold Dot. Secondary is Hornady Critical Defense. I'm open to others, but these are the ones I'm satisfied with. I would not recommend the Winchester White Box (WWB) HPs available at Walmart. I've seen tests that showed them (WWB) not to expand very well, causing them to act as a FMJ/ball ammo.
Quantcast