Wolf Woes - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolf Woes

Wolf Photo

Close up of the fractured .40SW Wolf Casing. Not just a little crack. Almost to the end of the case!!

Quote Originally Posted by timusp40 View Post

Close up of the fractured .40SW Wolf Casing. Not just a little crack. Almost to the end of the case!!
    Got a pretty quick response from customer service at Wolf. They are sending prepaid UPS paperwork to return the remaining cartridges from the lot of ammunition with which I had the ruptured casing. The service rep said that Wolf will test the remainder of the ammunition. Wolf also offered a refund or replacement. So far so good.

As with anything else, some forum members responded that they have had negative experiences with Wolf and likewise some like the stuff.

Let's see what the factory has to say. Stay tuned!

I use Wolf in a pinch with exception of my AKs.
    Only reason I don't like them is becuase they are sooooooooo dirty and powder smell is very distinguishable in pistol rounds.

That doesn't look like the cracked casings I've seen before and I've seen a lot: reloading, hot loads or old casings.
    That looks like a manufacturing defect; the split is really clean.

the only thing I use wolf is in my AK and my M91-30. both guns are pretty much made to use the steel casings just fine. so never had a problem with them. I wouldn't use them in my pistols though. I have read that the steel casings can be hard on the extracter.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Wolf Update

True to their words, I received USP shipping labels from Wolf yesterday. I told the Wolf rep that I was primarily interested in their explanation for the split casing. I have a feeling that this isn't the first time someone has had this issue. I'll post their response.
    WHEN YOU TAKE IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

7. cool, we don't really have much wolfe around here that I've seen
    XD9sc

Well, I've shot a boat load of Wolf 9mm and .45ACP in several guns. But today I experienced two split cases out of a box of .45ACP. I have never really paid that much attention to the spent casings, but after seeing this post and one on another forum talking about the kaboom of a P-220 firing Wolf, I inspected all the rounds I fired today through my PT-1911. Here's a pic of the split cases.

I'll be interested to hear what Wolf says about your 40S&W. I think I'm going to contact them on Monday, as I've got another 400 rounds of this lot.

.45 APC Wolf

I had a suspicion that there might be other instances similar to what I experienced. Could well be that this is happening a lot more than we think, but you may not even know about it unless you examine your casings or have a FTE like I did.

I sent the ammo out last Monday using the UPS labels that Wolf supplied. Will let you know what they say.
    WHEN YOU TAKE IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

I got a response from Wolf customer service today - very quick response, as I wrote to them on Friday. They gave me the same response - send us the details, we'll send you a FedEx box and you can return the ammo.

So does Wolf replace the ammo you bought?

I've purchased the standard grade ammo from Wolf, is Wolf Gold any better (especially cleaner?)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast