Wolf Woes - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wolf Woes

Quote Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
    So does Wolf replace the ammo you bought?

I've purchased the standard grade ammo from Wolf, is Wolf Gold any better (especially cleaner?)
    Far as I know, they will only replace what you send them. I think I'm going to send back the 400 rounds I've got - at least maybe I'll get some fresh. Or maybe I'll get some that some other sap like me sends back!!

From what I understand, the Wolf Gold is pretty good. Brass case. But I think most of it is JHP rather than ball like the steel Wolf.

Does any one know anything about wolf primers. I purchased 1000 wolf primers for reloading my .40.

Hope they will work ok.
    "My choices in life were
    either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician.. And to tell
    the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman

I've not heard of any problems with Wolf primers. Every round of Wolf and Tula I've shot has gone bang.

Returned Ammo

It has been about ten days since I returned the .40SW cartridges to Wolf. It was shipped via UPS Ground so I imagine they have it by now.
    Waiting in Michigan!
    WHEN YOU TAKE IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Keep us posted. I'm getting ready to send my .45ACP back to them.

Still Waiting (re: wolf return)

Well, the ammo was returned just after Christmas 28DEC2009 to be exact and nothing in the form of a response from Wolf yet. I tracked the return to make sure that it got there and have a confirmed signature of receipt.

If anyone out there has returned suspect ammo to Wolf, let us know what happened on their end. I am not going to make a big deal out of this. I f they do something, even in the form of a letter or E Mail, I will post it.
    WHEN YOU TAKE IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

hi ever one new to this

Welcome to the forum, david denny!

Wolf primers work just fine. In fact I just bought 20,000 Wolf large pistol primers. I think that will last me for a while...
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I sent my Wolf .45ACP back last week. They received it on Friday, so based on what timusp40 posted it will probably be a month or more before I hear anything back from them.

I'm also very interested in how this turns out. My only experience with Wolf is with the .223 I have. When I first got the Wolf ammo, I had a serious feed issue with my AR while it was new, but it turned out to be a defective barrel (out of spec) covered by the manufacturer. Since then, it fires the stuff just fine and I haven't had a misfire yet. I still have a half case left.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast