.38 spl.+P VS .357 mag.-125 gr. HP - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: .38 spl.+P VS .357 mag.-125 gr. HP

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Yea they do make the full house mags a little more tolerable. Even in the model 65 I have (medium K frame 4" barrel) the Hogue made it feel more controlled and comfortable..

Peace..
    I can vouch for that, with the Monogrip Grip on my 65 it's like shooting .38 spl. +P's. People can say all of the negatives they want about Taurus, all I can say is that the 65 is one of the most accurate, dependable, and recoil sweet guns that I've had the pleasure of owning. Built like a tank. And I love my S&W too.

Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I can vouch for that, with the Monogrip Grip on my 65 it's like shooting .38 spl. +P's. People can say all of the negatives they want about Taurus, all I can say is that the 65 is one of the most accurate, dependable, and recoil sweet guns that I've had the pleasure of owning. Built like a tank. And I love my S&W too.

Mines a S&W 65-3. That Taurus looks sweet with the Hogue..

It had a Pachmayer on it originally, but it never felt real comfortable and controlled in my hand that way. I tried the monogrip on the recommendation of a friend and was pleased. The gun was a gift from my brother-in-law.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Mines a S&W 65-3. That Taurus looks sweet with the Hogue..

It had a Pachmayer on it originally, but it never felt real comfortable and controlled in my hand that way. I tried the monogrip on the recommendation of a friend and was pleased. The gun was a gift from my brother-in-law.

Peace...
    Great gift, great gun. Not only are they both sweet shooting guns, except for length of the shroud they're almost identical.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

I have a box of ammo that says 158. gr .38spl.-10,25 g...anyone know what 10,25 g means???
    Americas Epitaph

6. I'm going to suggest that the temporary would cavity made by the .357 is much bigger than from the 38+P due to the greater impact velocity. Actual bullet expansion diameter is not the total answer to the question. I've tested reloads using swaged HP's in standard 38 Spec that produced beautiful mushrooms but relatively small wound channels.

7. 10.25 grams- stupid metric system

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I have a box of ammo that says 158. gr .38spl.-10,25 g...anyone know what 10,25 g means???
    Yup, that's the stupid metric system.

Why folks feel the need to confuse the issue when it comes to firearms by using a nonstandard unit of measure (the grain -1/437.5 of an ounce or 1/7,000th of a 16 ounce pound- is the standard and has been for CENTURIES) has always confused me. I can deal with mentally converting a 'liter' to a 'quart', kilograms to 2.2 pounds, a meter to 3 feet, 3 inches and kilometers to .6 of a mile but screwing around with firearms and especially ammunition like that is a good way to cause the unwary to end up getting injured.

It translates to approximately 158gr, by the way.

Here's a handy tool online for easy conversion:

Conversions for weight measurements - online weight conversions - on-line metric weight converter

Quote Originally Posted by Mobuck View Post
    I'm going to suggest that the temporary would cavity made by the .357 is much bigger than from the 38+P due to the greater impact velocity. Actual bullet expansion diameter is not the total answer to the question. I've tested reloads using swaged HP's in standard 38 Spec that produced beautiful mushrooms but relatively small wound channels.
    And for good wound cavities even with heavy clothing, Hornady Critical Defense in 125gr 357 Mag.
    I carry that for cool and cold weather.

For warm weather, not that I carry the revolver all that much when it's hot as it's too hard to hide, but I will load it with Federal 125gr 357 mags #357B.

And pictures are always good.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by jtg452 View Post
    Yup, that's the stupid metric system.

Why folks feel the need to confuse the issue when it comes to firearms by using a nonstandard unit of measure (the grain -1/437.5 of an ounce or 1/7,000th of a 16 ounce pound- is the standard and has been for CENTURIES) has always confused me. I can deal with mentally converting a 'liter' to a 'quart', kilograms to 2.2 pounds, a meter to 3 feet, 3 inches and kilometers to .6 of a mile but screwing around with firearms and especially ammunition like that is a good way to cause the unwary to end up getting injured.

It translates to approximately 158gr, by the way.

Here's a handy tool online for easy conversion:

Conversions for weight measurements - online weight conversions - on-line metric weight converter
    If you simply think metrics, and don't waste time converting, it is really simple.

From my scientific background, I am very comfortable with metrics.

-Doc

damn just got away from rods and chains

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast