.38 spl.+P VS .357 mag.-125 gr. HP - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: .38 spl.+P VS .357 mag.-125 gr. HP

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    I can vouch for that, with the Monogrip Grip on my 65 it's like shooting .38 spl. +P's. People can say all of the negatives they want about Taurus, all I can say is that the 65 is one of the most accurate, dependable, and recoil sweet guns that I've had the pleasure of owning. Built like a tank. And I love my S&W too.

Is that a target shooter mainly, or a carry gun? If carry, do you just use a hip holster and dress around it? I'm thinking about going to a 4" .357 Mag. I want to carry it and use a hip holster. I'll just wear Hawaiian shirts over it. I just can't comfortable with IWB holsters.

I want to use it as a range gun too, so it will be used quite a bit.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    If you simply think metrics, and don't waste time converting, it is really simple.

From my scientific background, I am very comfortable with metrics.

-Doc
    Doc,
    Folks have been trying to convert the US to using the metric system in everyday life for almost 40 years now and it has worked about as well as the 'new math' craziness that hit in the late '70's. Let's face it, it ain't caught on in the US and isn't likely to any time soon. To be honest, about the only metric unit that is commonly used by Americans is the liter only because of (and pretty much restricted) to the 2 liter soft drink bottle. If someone asks me how tall I am, I don't say I'm 1.85 meters or 185 centimeters, I say I'm 6 feet, 1 inch tall because the common unit of measure is still the inch. I'll stick to converting it in my mind because I know what an inch, foot, yard, pint and quart look like. Centimeters, meters, grams and liters are just abstract concepts.

Besides, the metric system was dreamed up by the French. Everybody knows that the French can figure out a way to screw up pretty much anything.

Look at what they did with Flobert's self contained cartridge. Great idea- until they decided that pinfire was the ignition system of the future.

They are also the ones that decided that the primer needed to be on the heel of the bullet for the Chassepot rifle (which was in some ways superior to the Dreyse Needle Gun) and that the firing pin needed to pass through the powder charge to ignite it. Needless to say the firing pins lost their temper and broke regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by GOV5 View Post
    Is that a target shooter mainly, or a carry gun? If carry, do you just use a hip holster and dress around it? I'm thinking about going to a 4" .357 Mag. I want to carry it and use a hip holster. I'll just wear Hawaiian shirts over it. I just can't comfortable with IWB holsters.

Like you, I go owb 99.9% of the time and wear Hawaiian Shirts, Wilderness Tac Sonoran shirts and Columbia has some nice fish print shirts. I have 3 IWB hoslters that hibernate in my sock drawer....IWB is so uncomfortable!

Take a look at the DeSantis Speed Scabbard. I have one that makes carrying my 4" revolver a joy...

The retention is good (for me) and the draw is fine. With a good belt it stays close to my side and rides high and covers with a shirt.

Peace...
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

It's a carry gun, and yes I use a hip holster (Blackhawk) and dress around it. Very comfortable, stays close and rides high.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    Like you, I go owb 99.9% of the time and wear Hawaiian Shirts, Wilderness Tac Sonoran shirts and Columbia has some nice fish print shirts. I have 3 IWB hoslters that hibernate in my sock drawer....IWB is so uncomfortable!
    I'm glad to hear you say that. I was beginning to believe it was just me. There is so much talk about IWB holsters everywhere, and I just never understood the attraction to them. Maybe I've never worn one that is comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Take a look at the DeSantis Speed Scabbard. I have one that makes carrying my 4" revolver a joy...

The retention is good (for me) and the draw is fine. With a good belt it stays close to my side and rides high and covers with a shirt.

Peace...
    THX! I'll check it out. I think Galco makes one like it too. It seems from what you and Ringo are telling me, it the "fits close and rides high" features that make it a great OWB carry holster.

THX! I'll check it out. I think Galco makes one like it too. It seems from what you and Ringo are telling me, it the "fits close and rides high" features that make it a great OWB carry holster.
    Correct Gov5.
    ~ God Hates Religion ~
    But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123