Problem with Winchester supreme elite 380
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem with Winchester supreme elite 380

Problem with Winchester supreme elite 380

I bought a box of Winchester supreme elite 380 hollow point's and when I rack the slide on both of my 380's (Keltec 3at & LCP) the 1st shell jams before it goes in the chamber. Non-hollow points work fine in both firearms. Anybody shooting hollow points and if so what brand?

Quote Originally Posted by TnGW1500se View Post
    I bought a box of Winchester supreme elite 380 hollow point's and when I rack the slide on both of my 380's (Keltec 3at & LCP) the 1st shell jams before it goes in the chamber. Non-hollow points work fine in both firearms. Anybody shooting hollow points and if so what brand?
    Sound like more of a gun/feed/magazine problem than it does an ammo problem. Might want to have the gun/magazines looked at to have them adjusted to accommodate your choice of ammunition.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

I just bought an LCP and loaded it with Gold Dots. It seems to rack the first round fine. Are you letting the slide fly, or are you pulling it back and keeping a hold of it, slowly letting it slide forward. If the latter, try the former.

Incidentally, my LCP sometimes does not extract the last round. Guess that's better than not extracting the first.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Had a Bursa 380 that wouldn't chamber a hollow point round correctly until I polished the feed ramp. This is easily done with a dremel or if your not confident enough to do it, have your local gunsmith do it for you.

Seems to work fine if I just let go of the slide. Maybe that was my problem. I'll go out and run a few more through the guns. I'll post again if the problem comes back. Thanks

No prob. Something to keep in mind... Your guns are designed to "let it fly". That is their natural action while shooting.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by TnGW1500se View Post
    Our Taurus TCPs shoot them fine, the Ruger LCP we had did not, partly why we do not have it any more

wolfhunter Guest
    TnGW, you may want to polish the feed ramp. That will help that first round slide into the chamber better.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    TnGW, you may want to polish the feed ramp. That will help that first round slide into the chamber better.
    My god I should have said that days ago...Oh wait I did!

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    My god I should have said that days ago...Oh wait I did!
    I know you said it. I should have prefaced my remark with "Like the Duke said....." sorry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast