Nato 9mm ammo, does your gun like it?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nato 9mm ammo, does your gun like it?

Nato 9mm ammo, does your gun like it?

Anybody tryed the winchester 9mm nato ammo at wall mart, how does it operate in your pistol ? in my Taurus the stuff stovepipes on almost every round, but it goes thru the Glock like butter ?...............and before anybody starts on the Taurus being a pos, have had this gun for a year and a half, PT - 709, and it shoots anything, brass, alum, steel, coated steel, and many reloads

I also buy most of my ammo at Walmart. Lately they have had 9mm Federal for 9.47 per box. To answer your question though I did buy a box of this and it ran fine through both my PT92 and CZ75 D. Cleaned the gun lately, and check the ejector.

Quote Originally Posted by THE DUKE OF ESSEX View Post
    I also buy most of my ammo at Walmart. Lately they have had 9mm Federal for 9.47 per box. To answer your question though I did buy a box of this and it ran fine through both my PT92 and CZ75 D. Cleaned the gun lately, and check the ejector.
    Yes I do to, in fact we have several hundred rds of the Federal, kills paper just fine, but I seen this stuff and decided to try it, and the gun was clean and lubed, its not really a big deal just wanted everybody to know, if your 9mm is touchy with ammo do not buy the Nato ammo

I love the Taurus 92 for these things: It always eats what I give it and it has never let me down. I don't own the model you have but that wouldn't stop me from buying one. My guess is it is the ammo if everything is cleaned and lubed and the ejector is in good working order. If any other ammo ever gives you problems the ejector and recoil spring would be my first places to look. Glad I'm not the only Taurus fan on here.

Isn't this a comparison of fully supported chamber (Taurus) versus not (Glock). I know my G30 (.45) the chamber is not fully supported, and the .40s as well, I am assuming that is Glock design. At any rate, that would explain why the Glock wouldn't stovepipe and the Taurus might. The Glock wouldn't have as tight of a grip on the casing at time of ejection so it would be easier to fling free, while the Taurus would have extra friction and alignment to overcome.

I have used both it and Federal that I bought from Wal Mart in my HK and my Glock and both guns feed each brand like a champ. I have not tried any of my other guns with it lately though.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Another thought that comes to mind about the 9mm N.A.T.O. ammunition is that it might not have enough powder/cordite in the case thereby causing the slide to not fully retract. If anyone has the means to take the cartridge apart and weigh the powder inside, it would be interesting to know if it is an underpowered load.

If they are truly NATO rounds they will have more than enough power to function a slide. I don't have any sold at Walmart but I do have actual 9mm NATO rounds that I shoot. Every 9mm that I own eats them like candy!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

"If they are truly NATO rounds they will have more than enough power to function a slide" That is another question, are they really N.A.T.O. rounds? I don't think the Government would skimp on the powder.

My fiance put a box through the Glock 19.... It digested them without a hiccup.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast