Chinese ammo‏
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese ammo‏

Chinese ammo‏

Not sure the validity of the below but sounds plausible. Anyone got any input?

.44 Magnum accident

First it was baby formula, then pet food but now you should watch out when buying anything from China , including bright, shiny ammunition. A guy came into the police department the other day to ask a favor. He had a S&W 629 (.44 Mag) that he wanted to dispose of after a mishap at the range. He said there was a loud bang when he tested his new ammo, (Chinese made), and the gun smacked him in the forehead, leaving a nice gash. When the tweety birds cleared from around his head, the pictures show what he saw. Bet he never uses Chinese made ammo again! Looks like when the round in the chamber went off, it also set off at least two other rounds in adjacent cylinders. I would have hated to been the one that pulled the trigger on that one!

Sorry, I cannot attach PICS.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." --author and philosopher Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Do you have a link to this story? I'd have to call BS on the other rounds going off. Flash over occurs with black powder revolvers not with modern ammo. Even if the rounds had high primers the flat surface on the frame would seat the primers and not go off. You'd need something to dimple the primers to make them ignite. He probably got a round that was double charged either by accident or on purpose and the damage to either side of the chamber may have looked like they had gone off also. Over charged rounds can do a surprisingly amount of damage to a firearm.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Yep, we need a link or it never happened. You know the rules

This story and the pics have been circulated for years.

Here are the pics
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1070448

http://www.migunowners.org/forum/sho...d.php?t=100955

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Do you have a link to this story? I'd have to call BS on the other rounds going off. Flash over occurs with black powder revolvers not with modern ammo. Even if the rounds had high primers the flat surface on the frame would seat the primers and not go off. You'd need something to dimple the primers to make them ignite. He probably got a round that was double charged either by accident or on purpose and the damage to either side of the chamber may have looked like they had gone off also. Over charged rounds can do a surprisingly amount of damage to a firearm.
    What better way to weaken a country's defenses just before an invasion than to contaminate their ammo?

(taking off tin foil hat now).

That said I still ain't buying Chinese ammo.

I've never heard of any Chinese .44mag ammo being made.

i have gotten this e-mail numerous times for the last few years... but this is the first time i have heard it with Chinese ammo...
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it."
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." (Winston Churchill).

Bought numerous 20 rd boxes of Norinco ammo last yr and have been shooting it up. The accuracy has not been stellar.

Buy Russian ammo. I've always used Black Bear and I've never had any problems.
    One must be wary of the mentality creating the problem or the law creating the crime.

I love America and the Constitution, if you don't then get out!

I know one thing. It's the first product we'll get from them that we WANT lead in!
    You can run... but you'll just die tired. 3%

Clinton banned the import of Chinese ammo and firearms back in the '90s.

Importations of most Norinco firearms and ammunition into the United States were blocked during the Clinton Administration in 1993 under new trade rules when China's Most Favored Nation status was renewed. Concerns about their use by criminals in inner cities was the reason put forward for the prohibition. The prohibition did not apply to sporting shotguns or shotgun ammunition however.
    Norinco - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast