Reloads? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloads?

Pretty much what the others said. If someone doesn't know what they're doing, the rounds that they reload could do some serious damage. That's why in all the years I've shot rounds at the range, I've never shot reloads. The only reloads I would EVER shoot are those done by me (when I get around to learning ).
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Pretty much what the others said. If someone doesn't know what they're doing, the rounds that they reload could do some serious damage. That's why in all the years I've shot rounds at the range, I've never shot reloads. The only reloads I would EVER shoot are those done by me (when I get around to learning ).
    I was at a Cowboy Action Shoot and because I had been careless and grabbed some boxes of .45 ACP instead of the .45 Colt, I ran out of ammo before the shoot was over. I tried to buy some but one of the guys insisted on giving me a box of his reloads. Unfortunately I had a squib round (probably had no powder, just the primer) and the bullet got stuck in the barrel.

Luckily for me, my gun, and the bystanders, the timer and counters standing by me recognized it (I did not) and stopped me before I could fire another round. We had to drive the bullet out with a stick with no damage but it could have been bad had I fired another shot.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12