.380 bullet mold

Thread: .380 bullet mold

.380 bullet mold

Found a mold that produces 6 124gr bullets but that's too heavy for a .380. They have a 102gr which is the heaviest I've seen in the reloading books. Could I make a tin/lead alloy to lessen the weight or just get a mold for 2 102gr bullets? Anyone ever done this?

3. I'm almost positive that the mold is made for use in 9mm or .38 Super. It's designed to make .356 diameter 124gr bullets, right?

I seriously doubt it can be made to work because even if you do get the 124gr mold to drop something that weighs 102gr, you still have the problem of the overall cartridge length to overcome.

If you theoretically made the weight, you still would have a bullet that you couldn't use because it would have to be seated too deep (increasing the pressure) to get the finished round right length to feed. Unless you can find 124gr loading data out there someplace, I'd consider the bullet too long for use in a .380.

You're right but it also says .380 auto. I've seen this at more than one retailer. Looking at midwayusa right now and I'm wondering if the manufacturer (lee) got it wrong and put the wrong calibers on the box.

I didn't know about the pressure thing. Thanks for the info.

I'll be getting the 102gr mold.