carry ammo state by state
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carry ammo state by state

carry ammo state by state

is there a site or more info what ammo if any not allowed in any states , might be stupid question to some but being from NJ,, feel my pain .. thanks

3. I know Alabama and Georgia do not have any restrictions on hollowpoints- if that's what you are referring to. Alabama does, however, have laws against armor piercing ammunition and specifically Teflon coated bullets.

South Carolina has a law banning teflon coted bullets. A useless law as teflon doesn't actually make a bullet more likely to defeat a balistic vest. Teflon only serves to protect the barrel of the firearm.

If it is available in Arizona you can shoot it
    The Second Amendment is not about Hunting!!
    When the Government is afraid of of it's People, This LIBERTY
    When the People are afraid of the government, That is TYRANNY

Quote Originally Posted by fastphil View Post
    is there a site or more info what ammo if any not allowed in any states , might be stupid question to some but being from NJ,, feel my pain .. thanks
    I haven't seen a site like that, but If your asking because your in NJ I know you can't use JHP in self defense. Yet you can burn them at the range but aside from that, the state would rather you shoot through people.....you know cuz that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by snatale42 View Post
    I haven't seen a site like that, but If your asking because your in NJ I know you can't use JHP in self defense. Yet you can burn them at the range but aside from that, the state would rather you shoot through people.....you know cuz that makes sense.
    There you go using that darn logic, you must be related to NavyLCDR.

8. You can always use semi-wadcutters. They're legal where lead bullets are legal. Keith style bullets are great if you can't use hollow points.

Jim

I wonder if I could carry my Tokarev TTC in Alabama, it can defeat most body armor.

Only the Garden state has regulations on hollowpoint ammunition, making use and posession of JHP ammo felonies in most cases.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    Only the Garden state has regulations on hollowpoint ammunition, making use and posession of JHP ammo felonies in most cases.
    Holy crap, please, please may I move to NJ? Oh how I'd love to live in NJ. Yeah, NJ... -sarcasm off-
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast