45 ACP reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 45 ACP reloading

45 ACP reloading

An FYI:
    While scavanging a bunch of brass at the range, I ran into some Blazer 45ACP brass that was loaded with SMALL primers. I only noticed it when the usual large primers wouldn't seat.
    Seems that Blazer makes their non-toxic & frangible stuff with the small primers.

Just what we need, another thing to inspect our brass for prior to reloading!

Sounds like you found some 45 GAP brass!

-Doc

You always have to be careful when scrounging brass.

I have a question for you reloaders. I noticed Wal mart is carrying some 45ACP ammo made in Russia w/ steel casings, are these reloadable? I always heard they weren't.

6. Hi all, Firelooker, I don't think steel cases can be reloaded. I sometimes shoot Wolf ammo amd those case are steel and can't be reloaded.

Also most of the China and Russian ammo is berdan primers.

45 AC vs 45 GAP

Quote Originally Posted by Bighouse Doc View Post
    Sounds like you found some 45 GAP brass!

-Doc
    Doc, Unless I am mistaken, the 45 GAP is a considerably shorter case length. The Blazers I found measure the same as regular 45 ACP.

I Googled the subject, and it seems I am not the only one who has detected this.

Now we have NT primers(also small) in some 45s to watch for. NT=non toxic--we must watch the enviornment you know. Lord, please save me from these eco nuts.

Hey Scotty thanks for the reply. Guess I'll stick w/ brass and keep on saving it until I can reload it.

Hi every one. I have been saving my spent brass for some time now. I have some projectiles left but need to buy many more. The price seems to have gone up quite a bit since I last bought supplies. I sure would a be glad if you folks could give me a lead on bulk supplies. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast