40 S&W target rounds

Thread: 40 S&W target rounds

40 S&W target rounds

does anyone know where I could buy the cheapest target ammo for 40 caliber? the cheapest I have found so far is the winchester white box 100 round at wally world for $27. of course there is wolf that is cheaper but not recommended for use in a baby desert eagle. I ordered it last week and wanted to get a little stock pile of ammo to be ready when they give me the call to tell me it's in! I appreciate any help.
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 03-19-2008 at 08:40 AM.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

The white box Winchester stuff has given me problems everytime I've used it. I don't remember the brand of stuff I got a couple months ago, but Bass Pro carried a box of 250, or so, for around $60. Not a single FTE out of that box. Your Baby Eagle might just eat up the Winchesters, though.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

The white box stuff from Wally world is normally the cheapest stuff around me. I used it in my Kimber and sig before I started reloading and never had an issue with it.

You may want to see if there are any reloaders in your area. He is a website I found that looks like some decent prices.
    http://www.georgia-arms.com/index.as...ry=3399&Page=2

100 165gr 40 S&W FMJ for $23.00
    500 of the same for $112.50 (22.50 per 100)

Or you could always buy some loading equipment! :)
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I usually use the Winchester White box. I have never had a problem. For inexpensive ammo I like Fiocchi a lot. My best advice is reload. It's fun and saves money.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I just found some BLAZER BRASS at my local wal mart. looks like I can save a couple bucks per hundred over wwb ammo. I bought some in 40 and 45 but haven't had a chance to try them yet. anyone here used them? looks like decent stuff. hope that is the case.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    I just found some BLAZER BRASS at my local wal mart. looks like I can save a couple bucks per hundred over wwb ammo. I bought some in 40 and 45 but haven't had a chance to try them yet. anyone here used them? looks like decent stuff. hope that is the case.
    I shot about half a box of Blazer Brass through my P3AT and the shot fine.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

8. I would second the Georgia Arms plug. I have found their products to be very satisfactory for range outings. Additionally, my 10mm ammo came in new Starline brass, and has been great for reloading.

40 S&W on the cheap

I have found that Blazer Brass F.M.J. is the cheapest reliable ammo my Baby Eagle will digest. It works just fine for tactical target training and packs a punch on bowling pins. Hope this helps
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    does anyone know where I could buy the cheapest target ammo for 40 caliber? the cheapest I have found so far is the winchester white box 100 round at wally world for $27.
    Check ou Magtech ammuniton. Cost comes out to around $18 for a box of 50. Consider that it's shipped (by boat) to us here in Hawaii. I imagine that it should be much more economical in your neck of the woods.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

11. White box for me too, never had a problem in either my 229/40 or 92FS/9mm.