Hornady Critical Defense vs Critical Duty - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hornady Critical Defense vs Critical Duty

Quote Originally Posted by SGB View Post
    You sir equate rudeness with blunt honesty. You would be better served acquiring proper training and education on the subjects rather than spreading such idiocy on the internet.
    Hardly. I don't call other people stupid or idiots like you do. I don't even call you an idiot or stupid. You seem to think you have all the answers to all the questions and to know more than a well respected manufacturer of ammunition that put quite a bit of thought behind their products. Just because you are an instructor doesn't mean you can't be (pun intended) off target.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    Hardly. I don't call other people stupid or idiots like you do. I don't even call you an idiot or stupid.
    If you're going to make stupid idiotic posts you'd be well served to get a thicker skin.

You seem to think you have all the answers to all the questions and to know more than a well respected manufacturer of ammunition that put quite a bit of thought behind their products. Just because you are an instructor doesn't mean you can't be (pun intended) off target.
    Many "well respected" (a definition most anyone can arguably apply to any manufacturer) manufacturers put out less than stellar preforming products. After all they are in the business of SELLING their products. Hornady MARKETS the critical defense line of ammunition under what I (and others) believe to be a flawed premise. That premise being non LE self defense shooting parameters greatly differ from LE self defense shootings. As such they developed a line of ammunition that by design does not meet the FBI protocol and they've marketed it to shooters as solving their OVER penetration fears when in reality this ammunition may well never penetrate deep enough. I have my opinion, one which I can and do substantiate. Rather you agree with it or not is up to you.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

If you're going to make stupid idiotic posts you'd be well served to get a thicker skin.

Many "well respected" (a definition most anyone can arguably apply to any manufacturer) manufacturers put out less than stellar preforming products. After all they are in the business of SELLING their products. Hornady MARKETS the critical defense line of ammunition under what I (and others) believe to be a flawed premise. That premise being non LE self defense shooting parameters greatly differ from LE self defense shootings. As such they developed a line of ammunition that by design does not meet the FBI protocol and they've marketed it to shooters as solving their OVER penetration fears when in reality this ammunition may well never penetrate deep enough. I have my opinion, one which I can and do substantiate. Rather you agree with it or not is up to you.
    And you should explain your opinions rather than just making rude offensive posts which being an instructor does not entitle you to any more than anybody else. Forums aren't just for flaming people but for expressing opinions in open discourse. Which I can do without getting rude and you apparently just can not. Peace out.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Nice deflection. As I've already stated If you're going to make stupid idiotic posts you'd be well served to get a thicker skin.

Nice deflection. As I've already stated If you're going to make stupid idiotic posts you'd be well served to get a thicker skin.
    Apparently you just can't live without harassing other people that don't agree with your opinion? I have met people like you that claimed they were just brutally honest and like you I suspect most of them just didn't have 2 cents worth of basic manners.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

Apparently you just can't live without harassing other people that don't agree with your opinion? I have met people like you that claimed they were just brutally honest and like you I suspect most of them just didn't have 2 cents worth of basic manners.
    That being the case, congratulations: You are the first person I have added to my ignore list. Peace out.
    Knarren und Zigarren!!!

That being the case, congratulations: You are the first person I have added to my ignore list. Peace out.
    Only a weak mind puts people on ignore.

IMO,if the "Critical Duty" round over penetrates the human body,it does not meet the FBIs criteria of a duty/defense round. Their criteria calls for a round that will penetrate the human body,but will not exit the body.

Even defensive rounds need to have some penetration of hard objects. Most homes are filled with objects harder than the human body. Even criminals,as dumb as some of them are,have enough intelligence to come in out of the rain,or get behind hard objects when bullets are coming their way. It does not change a legal defensive situation into an illegal "gunfight" if an attacker gets behind cover,and you have to shoot through that cover to stop him from doing you serious bodily harm.

As to the post about the chances of getting attacked being slim,so why carry a gun,I have a question also. With the chances of being attacked in front of a police officer being so slim,why do we pay them to protect society? Slim chance of car accidents,why have insurance? Slim chance of our house burning down,who needs insurance? Shall we go on?

Only a weak mind puts people on ignore.
    There ya go, insult him some more SGB... b/c that's working so well for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerbob View Post
    There ya go, insult him some more SGB... b/c that's working so well for you.
    PLEASE put me your ignore list bob

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast