sorting brass - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sorting brass

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    First, brass does have a lifetime, . . . . I give them one more run after that, and toss em.

Cardinal rule: be super critical about what you choose to put back into your gun. No amount of savings in brass/ammo are worth a catastrophic failure in your gun, and possible injury to yourself or others.

Happy holidays from a fellow brass hound!
    I am always super suspicious of "range" brass, used to pick it up all the time. But now i quit, you don't know the history particularly if someone tried to make a 44 mag load in a 380 case. Unless it looks like once fired - i.e. original primer/sealer, I usually pass. Once you have accumulated enough brass you too can be picky. Besides is it really worth the risk?

Quote Originally Posted by vn6869:247686
    I am always super suspicious of "range" brass, used to pick it up all the time. But now i quit, you don't know the history particularly if someone tried to make a 44 mag load in a 380 case.
    If someone had tried that, you'd be picking up gun parts and fingers, not range brass. I get your point, though. People do try stupid stuff when reloading. But that stupidity will usually tell a story that can be read on the spent brass. Again, the cardinal rule for those who choose to scavenge brass is to be super-critical. If in doubt, toss it out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12