Brass or Bronze

Thread: Brass or Bronze

Brass or Bronze

I have seen some ammo being advertized as bronze have not bought any was wondering if it is alright to use , mostly for a 38 snubby. Have been using brass FMJ,Thanks any info would be great.

DJ58
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

I personally don't think it would make much difference. I can see no reason it wouldn't be ok to use.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

PMC is selling the bronze Rifle and Pistol ammo. It should work just fine and it's a lot cheaper. Read about it here. http://www.pmcammo.com/bronze-handguns.html
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Bronze is just the name of PMC's line of ammo. They have gold and silver as well, but don't use gold or silver in thier ammo. They are still brass casings, with copper-jacketed lead cores.

I don't see why a ammo company would use bronze. It would be more expensive to manufacture. But it would probably be fine for the firearm. It's a soft metal, we use bronze brushes, don't we?
    Last edited by Cooter; 03-28-2008 at 06:05 AM. Reason: typographical error
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Real Bronze would raise hell on your extractors too.
    "A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" 1924
    Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! Copyrighted 1996
    [email protected]