wolf ammunition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wolf ammunition

wolf ammunition

because the ammo prices are soaring, I'm trying to find the best priced practice ammo that is not just crap. with wolf I always hear different things. some say it is just fine just a little dirty (but then again we should be cleaning our guns regularly anyway) and some say don't use it because it could harm your gun. it's all I've used in my AK-47, of course AK's eat anything. I've read that the new polymer coating on the wolf casings make it so it should function well in any gun. does anyone have any experience with it? any advice either way? to use or not to use? will it really harm the extractor? thanks for any advice.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

other than the steel casings being hard on certain firearms, I see no problem with wolf ammo.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I have a lot for my SKS and some for my CZ82. I have never had a problem with it. I have heard that the coating they put on the regular stuff can heat up and gum up the action of your firearm. I have no experience with this happening, but I have never fired hundreds of rounds in a row. Good luck. Reload.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I have no personal experence with it however there is a range here in Fort Worth that will not let anyone use it and they advise against its use in hand guns when teaching there CHL classes.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

The steel cases are very hard on handgun extractors. The rifles can handle it. Be sure to watch for the steel core bullets. Hold a magnet to the projectile. Those can start fires.
    "A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" 1924
    Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! Copyrighted 1996
    greg@firearmstraining.com

Yea Scarecrow--I understand where you're at. I have wolf for my AK but the AK can handle it.
    I've heard to many wierd things about wolf ammo and I don't know what's true and what's not true.
    I just avoid the stuff--I see no reason to take the chance of screwing up a gun just to save a couple bucks on ammo. I usually get UMC,American Eagle or WWB and shoot em and then just keep reloading them

Quote Originally Posted by murph50 View Post
    Yea Scarecrow--I understand where you're at. I have wolf for my AK but the AK can handle it.
    I've heard to many wierd things about wolf ammo and I don't know what's true and what's not true.
    I just avoid the stuff--I see no reason to take the chance of screwing up a gun just to save a couple bucks on ammo. I usually get UMC,American Eagle or WWB and shoot em and then just keep reloading them
    yeah wish I could reload. don't have the equipment or space for it here. and don't know anyone personally who does it around me... maybe it's time to make some new friends.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

The "lacquer" finish on the WOLF from what I am told/heard, gums up the slide in your weapon. I myself have only shot 200 rounds through my JHP .45ACP and have not had a problem. The manufacture of my .45 actually says NOT to use WOLF ammo because of this.
    Hi Point JHP .45ACP
    This I did not know at the time. Now I do not use the WOLF at all.
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Scarecrow
    I just started reloading about 2 1/2 years ago. I didn't have room either but I got a little creative and rigged up a neat little reloading set up in a room I use for storage. I don't have to buy target ammo anymore. Even though reloading components have gone up in price --I still save a lot by rolling my own.
    The way I learned was by taking a free reloading class at Sportsmans Warehouse. It wasn't real thorough but it showed me how to use all the reloading equipement and how to make dummy rounds. After that I got some reloading books and just started doing it. Sometimes I almost have as much fun reloading as I do shooting.
    It would be worth looking into

Wolf works fine in my Russian SKS. But I don't use it anymore in my AR-15. The first time I did, I had jams all over the place, and after about 80 rnds, there was about a half a teaspoon of crap in the reciever that looked like crisco. Wolf is cheap, but you know the old saying, you get what you pay for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast