Federal 12Ga. ammo issue

Thread: Federal 12Ga. ammo issue

Thumbs down Federal 12Ga. ammo issue

My son bought some Federal Shotgun ammo at the BX today.
    One of the shells is pretty much totally unusable. The end crimp is so bad I don't think it will even chamber. Shot was spilling out of the end of the shell

These are 12Ga. 2 3/4 inch 1 oz. #8 shot

Federal Game-Shock

Lead

Here is the info from the box flap
    H121 8
    91SP169F

I will be contacting Federal about this as I feel this serious safety and quality issue.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Huh. I buy that exact same ammo quite a bit for trap shooting. I've went through dozens of cases, and have never encountered any problems with any federal.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Cool Any body got a number for Federal?

Just fishing for a good customer service number.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

I Called Federal

I called Federal and have not received a response back from them. I will call again tomorrow and try again.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Sounds like a bad crimp that quality control missed. I've had a few like that on some of my reloads but never found a factory mistake.

Federal Cartridge Company
    900 Ehlen Drive
    Anoka, MN 55303-7503
    1-800-322-2342
    Fax: (763) 323-2506
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

I quit using Federal 12Ga ammo years ago.......... I was using it deer hunting, and shot one at less than 20yd using 12Ga Federal 00buck ammo, in a power line right of way. Knocked the deer down 4 times. there was no blood, just hair, and shot with hair in it........... I switched ammo, to Winchester, I had no
    problems downing a deer agian with only one shot, no matter what the yrdage was ( withen reason of course)................
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Angry Federal shotgun ammo follow up

It has been a while and federal has made no attempt to return my call or to e-mail me. They are off the Festus family Christmas card list!:93:
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS