Glaser Safety Slug? - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Glaser Safety Slug?

#1 TPD223 = He stated "30 caliber high powered rifle".
    The bullet response comment you quoted applies to all rifle ammunition (as it was a reply to his previous comment), not to Glazers.

#2 Looking at the pages linked in my previous post (page 5, post 48) is the Glazer results. Plugging and acting like fmj after sheet rock. For your convenience here is the link again.
    http://www.brassfetcher.com/Brassfet...afety_Slug.pdf

Here is his concluding statement.
    "Perhaps the point of greatest interest is the failure of the (9mm Glazer) bullet to reduce penetration when fired through
    interior walls, as might occur in the event of a complete miss during a defensive shooting event inside a
    structure – lethality of the round is actually increased by the presence of an intervening interior wall."

#3 Regarding the shot-gun in-home for defense,
    I strongly suggest that everyone look at the penetration results of shotguns in my early link. His results show that a shotgun shot shells penetrate people and walls like a slug.

#4 Not trying to argue about penetration, etc.:

Conclusions written by a person who has actually treated and studied thousands of actual shooting victims IS a reasonable source, IMO.
    You will note that his diagrams are not guesstimates, but actual drawings of wound channels that he has observed in FLESH and bone.
    These should be valid concepts.
    added

My conclusion/ opinion:

Based on everything that I have studied,

NO bullet of any type, and of any caliber used for self defense

loses any significant amount of lethality after penetrating sheetrock or thin 1/4" wood paneling.

(OK maybe 22 rimfire birdshot, but who would use that for self defense?)

DON'T MISS the perp.
    Last edited by Gordon Shumway; 03-06-2011 at 11:28 AM. Reason: my conclusion added.

I have another article about handgun shooting Texas deer and Javelina (knee high wild pigs, 35 pounds) that states that most hit the ground for a couple seconds, get up and run like hell until dead. Some don't drop at all with our "exotic handgun bullets".

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/9mm%20vs%2045.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    #1 TPD223 = He stated "30 caliber high powered rifle".
    The bullet response comment you quoted applies to all rifle ammunition (as it was a reply to his previous comment), not to Glazers.

#2 Looking at the pages linked in my previous post (page 5, post 48) is the Glazer results. Plugging and acting like fmj after sheet rock. For your convenience here is the link again.
    http://www.brassfetcher.com/Brassfet...afety_Slug.pdf

Here is his concluding statement.
    "Perhaps the point of greatest interest is the failure of the (9mm Glazer) bullet to reduce penetration when fired through
    interior walls, as might occur in the event of a complete miss during a defensive shooting event inside a
    structure lethality of the round is actually increased by the presence of an intervening interior wall."

#3 Regarding the shot-gun in-home for defense,
    I strongly suggest that everyone look at the penetration results of shotguns in my early link. His results show that a shotgun shot shells penetrate people and walls like a slug.

#4 Not trying to argue about penetration, etc.:

Conclusions written by a person who has actually treated and studied thousands of actual shooting victims IS a reasonable source, IMO.
    You will note that his diagrams are not guesstimates, but actual drawings of wound channels that he has observed in FLESH and bone.
    These should be valid concepts.
    added

My conclusion/ opinion:

Based on everything that I have studied,

NO bullet of any type, and of any caliber used for self defense

loses any significant amount of lethality after penetrating sheetrock or thin 1/4" wood paneling.

(OK maybe 22 rimfire birdshot, but who would use that for self defense?)

DON'T MISS the perp.

I may have mis-read before that reply. You are correct in all of the above, no arguments from me there.

I've got a lot to learn.
    And at this rate, I will be 212 before I am ready to take the final exam.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456