9mm plinking ammo/ where to buy
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9mm plinking ammo/ where to buy

1. 9mm plinking ammo/ where to buy

Just wondering about what brand of ammo you use for target practice and where you typically buy it.

I buy from walmart, mainly due to the lack of gun shops in the area. I buy either Win or Fed 100rd boxes. I was able to score 3 100rd boxes of Federal 230gr FMJ 45ACP today. Still had a few boxes after and then a bunch of 40 S&W. I prefer to buy in bulk when possible.

These days you pretty much have to take what you can find.
    Winchester White Box is very popular for pinking.
    So is Federal bulk.
    Remington is getting a bad rap for their .22lr but I haven't heard a lot of negative on their center fire pistol ammo.

look on line, there are a few search engines for ammo.
    try Slickguns | Best deals on guns and ammo posted by users
    then click on the ammo tab

Wow. You guys are STILL having a tough time getting ammo?!

Sent from behind enemy lines.

Wallmart Luck ally I have two on the way home from work. Always need something.

Problem I've had ordering it from the internet is that it basically doubles the cost. However, at least you can get some that way. Around here I have seen one box of .45ACP and no boxes of 9mm in the past couple-three months.
    TANSTAAFL

If you're in OR, WA, or ID the cheapest place for plinking ammo by far is Bi-Mart. Unfortunately they usually have a fairly limited selection, and it goes quick especially in times like these. Next is Walmart, and then local sporting goods stores. I only order ammo online if I'm buying in large bulk and Bi-mart is out.

Quote Originally Posted by jcreek View Post
    If you're in OR, WA, or ID the cheapest place for plinking ammo by far is Bi-Mart. Unfortunately they usually have a fairly limited selection, and it goes quick especially in times like these. Next is Walmart, and then local sporting goods stores. I only order ammo online if I'm buying in large bulk and Bi-mart is out.
    low prices are useless if the place hasn't anything in stock to sell to people

Thank you captain obvious.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast