Hollow Points
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hollow Points

Hollow Points

1,Can a Round nose be made into a Hollow Point with any accuracy 2, Legally can you make your own,
    Just talking with some friends in a SHTF scenario
    Thanks for any input

Why
    Ball will give you two holes instead of just one.
    Hollow points were made so you won't over penetrate. In a SHTF who cares.you might even get a two for one shot.

If hollow point ammo is what you want, wouldn't it make sense to just go and buy some?

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    If hollow point ammo is what you want, wouldn't it make sense to just go and buy some?
    Yup, it's not worth the fuss for about $.02 per round extra. Not like you need ALL ammo to be for SHTF.
    You can always stagger HP with ball ammo too.
    Every time you call Tech Support, a kitten dies...

6. Paco Kelly’s Improved ACU-RZR and NASTINOSE Rimfire Bullet Tool
    only way I know of is with this tool and a hammer.

I rebuilt a lot of machines for Federal Cartridge and was in their plant a lot. I rebuilt their bullet assembly presses and know that there is a lot of engineering goes into the dies that form the lead and copper jacket. The result is test fired for accuracy and if there is a failure it is back to the drawing board.

It is my opinion that it is ONLY in the movies that you can drill into the bullet and make it into a HP and fire it with accuracy.

Armies have been using ball ammo for over 100 years. In a SHTF environment any ammo will do the job.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Hollow Points

I have played around with altered FMJ bullets at about 50' mainly out if boredom. They were .22 Shorts. Accuracy was not significantly altered. That being said quality SD rounds are not that much more expensive.
    Guns.??? What Guns???

Blog Entries
    I did it many yrs. ago with .22 rds & didn't notice a difference, maybe I got lucky & hit the right spot over & over again.

Quote Originally Posted by no2gates View Post
    Yup, it's not worth the fuss for about $.02 per round extra. Not like you need ALL ammo to be for SHTF.
    You can always stagger HP with ball ammo too.
    2˘/round extra? Last time I checked defense ammo is more than twice what ball/plinking ammo costs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast