9MM VS 40 SW Caliber - Page 14
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: 9MM VS 40 SW Caliber

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorrison View Post
    You really need to read the history of the creation of the caliber that became the .40 S&W.
    If you seriously think it was created as a "gimmick", you have no idea about the round, nor what you are talking about.

Sent from behind enemy lines.
    ^^^Excellent rejoinder^^^

Quote Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
    I believe I heard the FBI have switched back to 9mm.
    Not completely true. The FBI's issue handgun apparently will be chambered for 9MM; however, agents can carry handguns & cartridges from an approved list.

9MM VS 40 SW Caliber-caliber.jpg

Deleted.

6. Quote Originally Posted by yi5hedr3 View Post
    They are comparable. However, for CC, the small 9mm's are much easier to conceal. ie" Kahr PM9
    You know...except for that whole Kahr PM9 and PM40 being exactly the same size. And that whole Kahr CM9 and CM40 being exactly the same size. Oh yeah...and that whole Smith & Wesson Shield 9 and 40 being exactly the same size. That pesky Springfield Armory XDs 9 and XDs 40 being exactly the same size.

Upsize it a bit....that whole Glock 19 in 9mm and Glock 23 in 40 being exactly the same size. Damn, that Glock 17 in 9mm and the Glock 22 being exactly the same size.

Funny thing...sad thing...ironic thing...pathetic thing...functionally it doesn't make even a tiny bit of difference whether 97% of the gun carrying public carries a Beretta Jetfire .22 short or a Desert Eagle 50AE, they're not going to do something silly like actually shoot or train with their gun, no matter what they carry. Whatever gun they are carrying is a prophylactic...it's just something to make them feel better knowing they have it.

The caliber debate is moot. With modern defensive ammunition and bullet technology there isn't a whisp of a functional difference between the "Big Five" defensive calibers when loaded with premium defensive ammunition. The .38, 9mm, 40, 45, and 357 are all magnificent choices (as bad as ANY handgun caliber truly is)...the practical/mechanical/physiological ability of a given round to stop a violent attack is lost as soon as the goober on the trigger starts issuing rounds everywhere but into the high center mass or central nervous system of an attacker.
    You can't always be safe, but you can always be dangerous.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314