.45acp vs 9mm - Page 7

View Poll Results: My carry caliber of choice is...

Voters
130. You may not vote on this poll
  • 45ACP

57 43.85%
  • 40S&W

29 22.31%
  • 9MM

34 26.15%
  • other

10 7.69%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: .45acp vs 9mm

1. why dont you put your other foot in your mouth as well.
    live firw was once a month, low crawl while a 60 is shooting....basic training. qualify...try a little more than once a month....but i guess if you had any expieriance in the military you would' ve know that. as far as your concept of leo training...i'm guessing you never had a uniform on in youre life. as far as my military backround is concerned ( and in your case, it isnt ) i'm also guessing you dont know how rangers train or swat. you obviously dont know how the army trains armorers or never heard of frontline. as far as seals...i never mentioned that. i'm guessing, judging from your location,...that anyone who doesnt marry their cousin, in your opinoin , is odd

Ballistic Gel Testing

Quote Originally Posted by 6shootercarry View Post
    Since most of us do not have access to controlled conditions, endless ammo selection and vats of ballistic gel, we have to rely on the data produced by the labs. For every opinion there is a counter opinion. Good information to read and review when it’s posted in one place…
    I found this website - some interesting results for ballistic information - Brassfetcher..

Handguns
    Last edited by melloyello; 10-26-2009 at 09:43 AM. Reason: More description to website

Quote Originally Posted by utaker View Post
    why dont you put your other foot in your mouth as well.
    live firw was once a month, low crawl while a 60 is shooting....basic training. qualify...try a little more than once a month....but i guess if you had any expieriance in the military you would' ve know that. as far as your concept of leo training...i'm guessing you never had a uniform on in youre life. as far as my military backround is concerned ( and in your case, it isnt ) i'm also guessing you dont know how rangers train or swat. you obviously dont know how the army trains armorers or never heard of frontline. as far as seals...i never mentioned that. i'm guessing, judging from your location,...that anyone who doesnt marry their cousin, in your opinoin , is odd

If you where as high speed as you claim, then I suspect you would alway's capitlize "Ranger" when using the term for the Regiment when typing. Same goes for SEALs. I notice you didn't capitilize it either. Not something that anyone who has served with the 75th Regiment would make the mistake to not do. Nor SF or any other SOF element under the umbrella of USSOCOM.

So you where an "armorer?" That means you knew how to fiddle with the operations and parts on a few weapons in your arms room. Not exactly an 18B Weapons Sergeant now is it ?

By the way, I train SWAT and HSD elements. I'll pm you my company site and our instructors bio's.

I'm calling BS on your experience. No, I don't want to ever wear the uniform of Law Enforcement officer. ....................pffffffft

For the sake of this thread I"m going to take my questions for you to PM. Plus your spelling and grammar are entirely unsat for someone who is beginning to claim he was an SOF soldier with 75th and SWAT Team member/LEO. Thus far your posts are like reading a 16 year old that is still in his "Wannabee" stage.

What RS class number did you graduate from ?? Since you said that "I don't know how Rangers train" What RIP class did you attend and where ???

As for your last comment, which is a direct insult to my area of residence and all that live here, would you be willing to say that to each and every soldier of the 5th Special Forces Group (A) at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky ????.............................I highly doubt it, unless it's over the internet where you stretch your beach muscles without being put into impunity.

That's all for now. This board and it's adminsitrators are probably tired of your and my comments back and forth. So, once again I am taking my concerns with you to PM off the main board.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

For every man who has the ability there is another who has it and then some.
    I was on a plane some time ago with a woman from Mississippi. She was older and was recovering from a stroke. She spoke softly and with music in her voice. She said and I quote “Honey, there ain’t no child born to woman born know’ in, we all born learn’ in”. The conversation was one of the best I have had on a long flight. Learn from others, don’t insult their knowledge, and remember there are always those who know more, and with luck and manners we can be allowed to take some of that knowledge for free. Please be respectful and peaceful to all here.
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Quote Originally Posted by melloyello View Post
    I found this website - some interesting results for ballistic information - Brassfetcher..

Handguns
    Very Cool... Thanks melloyello... I like the 45acp for that "First Shot Impression"... God forbid that I will ever have to, but if I do it's gonna be me asking to speak with a lawyer not the bad guy. If I can help that so be it…

I have carried both the 9 and 40 S&W. I perfer the 40 S&W, for its stopping power.

I also like the .357 Magnum for the stopping power and the flexability for ammo choices. I will still carry mine in cool weather as it's hard to hide a medium K frame revolver in the summer.

9. My pick....357 magnum. Reasons .... can defeat most attempts to block penetration, easily concealed, ammo is versitile (can shoot 38 spl) WILL NOT JAM OR STOVE PIPE.

10. I like the .45 acp.

11. I didn't feel like reading all the comments festus so sorry if this was already said but. The military switched to 9mm for the same reason they switched to 5.56. It's lighter to carry, more can be carried, and higher magazine capacity. I spent 4 years in the infantry and they teach proper shot placement to the point where a near perfect Mozambique can be executed from a dead sleep. The NAVY seals still use the .45 in the MK23 because that is considered an offensive weapon. Hope this helps

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast