Anyone tried the HPR Black Ops rounds?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone tried the HPR Black Ops rounds?

Anyone tried the HPR Black Ops rounds?

Bought a couple boxes of it in the 105 grain 40 S&W caliber to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ammo Review: ShootingTheBull410 on HPR Black Ops 9mm and .45 ACP - The Truth About Guns

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Bought a couple boxes of it in the 105 grain 40 S&W caliber to try.

I'm not impressed
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Just buy a standard JHP service round, like Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot. ShootingTheBull410 even mentions the Federal HST from SGAmmo in the video. I rather pay $0.50/round for proven service ammunition than $1.45/round for the latest marketing gimmick.

Have you tried them or just goin off the video?

I haven't got to shoot mine yet. I'm hopin I don't have any FTE issues like I did with the Liberty Civil Defense rounds I tried. The Libertys were 60 grain.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    Just buy a standard JHP service round, like Federal HST or Speer Gold Dot. ShootingTheBull410 even mentions the Federal HST from SGAmmo in the video. I rather pay $0.50/round for proven service ammunition than $1.45/round for the latest marketing gimmick.
    I bought a couple boxes of the 180 grain Federal HST Personal Denfense rounds along with the Black Ops and the HST's were about 2 or 3 dollars more a box.

You talkin about the Speers bein that cheap?

Maybe these are a marketing gimmick but, they may not be unless you try'em.

Quote Originally Posted by bofh View Post
    WTF? They BANNED you?
    In an emergency individuals do not rise to the occasion, they fall to the level of their MASTERED training
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Have you tried them or just goin off the video?
    I'm going off previous experience with frangible ammunition. What do you mean " Have I tried them"? I haven't shot anyone with them if that's what you mean. You're(very likely) still going to have to shoot an assailant more than once to stop them with these rounds. Get some good reputable JHPs and call it good
    Barrett Tillman

Quote Originally Posted by Eidolon View Post
    I'm going off previous experience with frangible ammunition.
    I would like to assume the not all frangible ammunition is created equal.

What other frangible ammo have you tried? And no, I don't mean on people...lol.

What do you mean " Have I tried them"? I haven't shot anyone with them if that's what you mean.
    I certainly did not mean that.

Let's try this again..... Have you ever range tested these or are you just going off the link up there?

You're(very likely) still going to have to shoot an assailant more than once to stop them with these rounds. Get some good reputable JHPs and call it good
    I've read a few articles suggesting the same thing with just about any handgun round not being able to stop an assailant with just one. Well, under 45 that is.

I received some of the black ops as a gift. I had zero failures shooting them. I didn't have high expectations, but they did some pretty impressive damage to fruit. I wouldn't spend the money on them, but I trust them to work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using USA Carry mobile app
    “One of the illusions of life is that the present hour is not the critical, decisive one.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    I received some of the black ops as a gift. I had zero failures shooting them. I didn't have high expectations, but they did some pretty impressive damage to fruit. I wouldn't spend the money on them, but I trust them to work.

Sent from my SM-G935V using USA Carry mobile app
    That's good to hear. What caliber/gun did did you use these in? I've got good expectations out of these in my 40. I had high expectations out of them Libertys but since I had the FTE after about halfway through the one and only box I had, I won't buy any more. I realize it could have been a squib load but whatever the case was, can't be having trust issues with rounds that may or may not jam when you need them the most.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast