Well I bit the bullet today - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well I bit the bullet today

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    Well I bit the bullet today to... start reloading. Uncle Sam gave me some money and I just did it. Got every thing I need to start loading 45cal and 40cal. I will add 9mm and 223 later and maybe others. I got the LEE Classic press kit, two turrets, 4 piece die kits for 45cal and 40cal, bullet puller, tumbler with media and polish, 1lb of accurate #2 powder, and 200 rounds of 40cal for $417.00. The only thing I need now is primers.
    Congrats on your purchase of the Lee Classic Turret Press. The LCT is the best bang for the reloading dollar on the market, whether it was your money or Uncle Sam's that paid for it. It can load up to 200 rounds per hour and can be used as a single stage press if you have the need or desire. I've used mine for just over a year now and built of lot of good ammo with it. I began with 45acp, then added 380acp a short time after. I have just recently added the 357sig round. The caliber change-out is quick and the accessories are inexpensive once you have the turret, powder arrangement and the like. Good luck with your LCT. Mine has been just great.
    I know a man by the name of Mel;
    he can't see but he sure do smell.

3. The LCT is what me son uses and I did not see anything wrong with it. It works fine for him so I got the same one.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

4. Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    Tax returns come from our interest free savings accounts. Congrats on the new equipment, guys. I plan on getting a .308 set up for my 550.
    I went with Lee dies for .308. They are about half the price of Dillon dies and seem to accomplish the same thing. The Lee factory crimp die is supposed to be much better than the Dillon crimp die. I have my dies sets all set up on separate toolheads, which makes die changes real easy.

One of the benefits to the 550B over the Square Deal B is that the 550 can use standard dies from any manufacturer. The SDB uses special dies only available from Dillon.

wolfhunter Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rrc1962 View Post
    I went with Lee dies for .308. They are about half the price of Dillon dies and seem to accomplish the same thing. The Lee factory crimp die is supposed to be much better than the Dillon crimp die. I have my dies sets all set up on separate toolheads, which makes die changes real easy.

One of the benefits to the 550B over the Square Deal B is that the 550 can use standard dies from any manufacturer. The SDB uses special dies only available from Dillon.
    I'm setting up on the quick change heads, too. I'll take a look at the Lee dies.

6. I opted not to go with the complete quick-change setup, which included the powder measure. having a powder measure on each toolhead would save some setup time if you were doing a lot of tool head changes, but adds about $100 to each toolhead setup. I change calibers maybe once a week. I'll load a few hundred 45's this week, change over and do 9mm next week. I always load more than I shoot, so I've got a growing inventory.

wolfhunter Guest
    Yep, that's the plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12