Ballistic Fragment Tests

Thread: Ballistic Fragment Tests

Arrow Bullet Expansion Tests

Pistol Cartridges (9x19mm Luger)

Interesting site with great info on different bullet manufacturers tests.
    "If an awalu [freeman] should blind the eye of another awalu [freeman], they shall blind his eye."
    -Hammurabi (1792-1750 B.C.E.)

That looks like those pics were taken from another sight, I could be mistaken. He does in his text misidentify #6 and #7 although in the pic they are correctly identified
    Other sights with more extensive comparison testing can be found at the following webpages
    ballistics testing - round 1 - varied 9mm JHP's
    ballistics testing - round 2 - varied 9mm JHP's
    ballistics testing - round 3 - varied 9mm JHP's - shooting through t-shirts
    ballistics testing - round 5 - comparing 9mm JHP velocities
    ballistics testing - round 6 - Federal HST 9mm vs 45 acp
    ballistics testing - round 7 - shooting through denim - 9 mm, 45 acp, and 357 magnum

Terminal Ballistics .45 ACP
    Terminal Ballistics 9mm

This set are tests done by LEO and are downloadable PDF files
    Los Angeles County - California
    Riverside - California
    Santa Clara - California
    Fresno County - California
    Kern County - California
    Sacramento County - California
    San Angelo - Texas
    Pierce County Workshop - Washington
    San Diego County Workshop - California
    Portland Police Bureau - Oregon

After reading those and any other tests you can find, you will discover that in every test Federal HST with it's consistent reliability accuracy and expansion no matter it was shot into or through out performed all other ammo it tested against.
    Those who would, deny, require permit, qualification, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Those are great posts too. I really appreciate these as well. Printed out most of it. Now you owe me a printer cartridge!...JK....Thanks again!
    "If an awalu [freeman] should blind the eye of another awalu [freeman], they shall blind his eye."
    -Hammurabi (1792-1750 B.C.E.)

You are welcome, hope they are as informative and useful to you as they have been for me. Of course once you get all the reading done. You will still want to test it to see for your self. Seeing the HST look like this

every time no matter what I shot it into or through closed the deal for me.
    Those who would, deny, require permit, qualification, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family