Expensive Lunch......

Thread: Expensive Lunch......

Expensive Lunch......

I have a pistol class coming up that requires 500 rounds. I like to use jacketed bullets for class because they are cleaner and the instructors get a little jumpy if they think you are using reloads. Well, I only have 350 rounds of jacketed at home so I made a run up to the reloading shop at lunch. He had a box of 500 230gr Zero jacketed bullets for $70, which isn't a bad price so I went ahead and got a box.

Now the bad part, he knows I shoot a lot of .223 so he mentioned he had just got in a shipment of 55 gr Hornady FMJ's. I have some .223 loaded but out of bullets sooooo I couldn't leave without getting some. 1000 rounds later I finally left with 500 rounds of FMJ .45 ACP and 1000 rounds or FMJ .223. A little lighter in the pocket book but should be set for a little while.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Sounds like you had a great lunch! You put on a few pounds the good way.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    Sounds like you had a great lunch! You put on a few pounds the good way.
    You ain't kidding! 500 rounds of .45 acp have a little weight to them.......
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

5. You know I shoot a lot of 223 HINT! HINT!
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

Quote Originally Posted by KimberRB View Post
    You know I shoot a lot of 223 HINT! HINT!
    Oh I havn't forgot. I remember late nights loading up hundreds of .223 rounds just to blast through them the next day at the range. Good times!
    - Benjamin Franklin