Ruger SR9 - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger SR9

I just finished reading a review in the March '08 edition of Shooting Times. They seem to like the gun quite a bit. It's slimmer than the Glock, XD and M&P pistols. It has a reversible rubber backstrap insert so you can tailor it to fit your hand better. It comes with a magazine disconnect safety, which you can easily remove if you prefer. It looks like a good option for lefty's and can be carried cocked and locked. The prototype and the production gun that they tested were accurate, reliable and easy to field strip. It weighs 26.5 ounces empty and the price is reasonable. I think this might be a big hit for Ruger.

echo_5 Guest

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 2075RAMI4ME View Post
    Finally had a chance to see and handle an SR9 at a gun show today. It was pretty nice. Very slim and pointed nicely. The only thing I didn't like was the way the plastic grips felt. They were almost too slim. I'd be afraid if I shot one, it might twist in my hand a little. Other than that, it seemed like a well made gun. It looked pretty good, too. I debated getting it for awhile, but ended up getting an FNP-40 for my "nightstand gun."
    give us a range report on the FNP-40 if you could. The reviews section is dusty anyway.

4. Quote Originally Posted by echo_5 View Post
    give us a range report on the FNP-40 if you could. The reviews section is dusty anyway.
    You bet. I'm hoping to have some time this weekend to get out and fire her up (so to speak) :D.
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

5. I bought a SR9 about three weeks ago. Have put about 500 rounds of Winchester white box thru it without a hitch. I'm a happy camper.:lachen:
    Those that hammer their guns into plows will plow for those that did not. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    I bought a SR9 about three weeks ago. Have put about 500 rounds of Winchester white box thru it without a hitch. I'm a happy camper.:lachen:
    Very glad to hear you like it. Thanks for the update.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

I read a blurb in the ruger magizine / catalog I got last week about the SR9 being the first in a line of slim, striker fired hand guns - I'd really like to see a .40 cal in the same fasion of the SR9. I've not shot it, but have got my hands on one, and I like it! Same with the P345 - heck, I'd like to have one of each!
    My Website: Nerd with a .45

8. It looks good, feels good, points good.......

But it is hampered by a ridiculously long overtravel that will affect accuracy in most hands.

Perhaps this can be fixed and it sorely needs to be.

Now I am ready to take a look at the new Ruger! ( Don't tell my wife!):rolleyesb:
    When I retire I am going to move up North and drive slow!!

10. Love the Gun & the feel but

Hello All,

I got my SR-9 about a week a go and have put around 350 rounds through it. I love the way it shoots and feels in my hand but I hate the accuracy of the sights. It shoot few inches low and I have raised the rear sight as high as I possibly can. The front sight is sitting a bit on the right and not top center of the barrel.
    Is anyone else having the mentioned issues?
    Also if I understand correctly the front sight can be adjusted for windage, how can I move it? Just hit it with a hammer?

Any advise is appreciated

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12