New Pistol
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pistol

1. New Pistol

Kimber Stainless II chambered in 9mm (flame suit on)

Added night sights, trigger job to 3.5lbs...looking for some advice on duracoating or getting it refinished. Too much silver for me..

Any forum members here able to do so or anyone used Duracoat?
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

beautiful choice......I just made a deposit on .45 cal version. Still waiting on my license so i an go and pick it up.

4. Nice, I love it. You'll be satisfied with it.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

i have fired a few kimber's already that a friend owns..... They are smooth, light and balanced.... One had the Crimson trace laser grip and i am not to sold on that, think i will use the $300 for ammo and reloading equipment instead

What did you do to get your trigger pull down to 3.5#, if you don't mind me asking? Nice Kimber!
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Duracoat is great. I'd do the slide and controls Black and leave the frame silver There is a person at our gun club that does duracoating. $75,00 for a handgun. Slide only would be around $40.00. PM me if interested and I'll get you more Info.
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ryan H View Post
    What did you do to get your trigger pull down to 3.5#, if you don't mind me asking? Nice Kimber!
    I'm no gunsmith, I took it to a sporting good store (Charlie's) and told them what I wanted. It was $105 + tax.
    I can probably dig up the receipt for an item # if that would help you out?

If it is truly Stainless, you might want to look into Parkerizing (May not have spelled it right)
    "The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss, but that it is too low and we reach it" - Michelangelo

Nice gun

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    I'm no gunsmith, I took it to a sporting good store (Charlie's) and told them what I wanted. It was $105 + tax.
    I can probably dig up the receipt for an item # if that would help you out?
    Nah, was just wondering. I'm a bit of a 1911 snob so I tend to ask such questions to ensure nobody is walking around with the hammer ready to drop. :)

I'm glad you used a reputable 'smith instead of Dale's Barnyard Boutique.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast