Anyone have a Kahr PM9 and how do you like it?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a Kahr PM9 and how do you like it?

Question Anyone have a Kahr PM9 and how do you like it?

Wondering who might have a Kahr PM9 and do you like it? Thinking about getting one for front pocket back up carry. Are they reliable and do they get finnicky with different ammo? Thanks!

The PM9 is an outstanding firearm. I'm partial to the PM line. I have all three, the PM9, PM40 and the PM45. I also have an old E9. My PM9 will fire anything I put in it. They do recommend a 200 rd break-in before you carry it. Kahr also has great no questions asked customer service.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

+1 with Redhat with my Kahr CW9... it's a great little gun.
    "There is no consitutional right to be protected by the state against being murdered by criminals or madmen." (7th Cir. 1982, Bowers v. DeVito)Stay safe, and stay trained.www.sazsatt.com

I find my PM9 very reliable once it made it through the break in period. When I got mine (its now a few years old) it had a fairly weak spring which made it not come to full battery fairly often. One telephone call to Kahr and a new, stiffer spring with all the hardware along with two new stiffer magazine springs were on their way with no required return shipping or charges of any kind. This resolved all the problems and I can say that their customer service was great, especially since I have not needed it since.

My PM9 works fine. I've shot 115 gr. Cor-Bon +P, Remington +p and even Federal +P+ through it. Nice little gun.

Great little gun. Easy to hide. Recoil is very managable feels like I'm shooting my keltec 32.

Shoots anything I put in it. I did the break in but never had 1 issue with practice or JHP ammo. I currently use PowerBall.

Most bad experiences with car seem to come from NOT using the slide release to go into battery for some reason this is very important with the Kahr.

Thanks everybody. Apparently, because they are in such demand around here (Now making a MA compliant version), they are on backorder. I put $50 down to reserve one.

I love mine

You know what's completely insane???? These guns are mfg'd in Worcester, MA and they are now selling Mass Compliant versions of it in Massachusetts! We need more liberal politicians from Massachusetts to expire...of natural causes of course. Ted Kennedy comes to mind!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast