Process Question - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Process Question

1. Many Thanks

Thanks for all the responses. :)

That's The One Downfall To Vermomt, If You Travel Outside The State And Want To Carry You Have To Get A Ccw From Another State

Many states are now requiring you to be a resident of the state the CCW is issued from to honor it.

That's why I have PA, NH, and waiting for my FL CCW.

5.56 Spartan is correct, I beleave it depends in the county you are in if there is a fee for the safety inspection, mine there is not and a officer does the inspection. there are times and differant days they do it.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Nevada is like a few that have already been posted.

1. Pick out gun.
    2. Show driver's license and CCW permit
    3. Fill out paperwork.
    4. Pay for gun.
    5. Leave with gun.

The CCW permit bypasses the requirement to call in your information, which saves $25 each purchase.

If you wanted to, in step 5, you could leave with gun, ammo and liquor. We actually have a few combination gun/liquor stores.

For folks who think it's a "pain" to buy an gun, check out the process here in Hawaii. You'll probably think your process is simple compared to what we have to go through.

In order to be "eligible" to purchase a handgun, one must first complete some type of firearms training. The law says that military commanders can write a letter stating that an individual is "qualified" to handle firearms. From the number of military folks taking my NRA classes, I don't think this happens very frequently. :( Another option is to take the state Hunter Education course (free of charge), a class held by any law enforcement agency (fat chance) or any national club or organization. Most folks take our NRA "Basic Pistol" or "First Steps" course to satisfy the requirement. Once you have your Hunter Education card or an affidavit (yes I did say affidavit) from the instructor that taught the NRA course, an individual can head to the gun store to pick out a handgun. Once the gun is purchased, the gun dealer will provide a receipt that has the description of the handgun. (barrel length, caliber, type of action, etc.) The individual takes the receipt to the designated police station and applies for a permit to acquire the firearm (must done for each purchase unless purchasing up to 4 firearms at one time). There is a mandatory 14 day waiting period AND the permit must be picked up within 6 days of the end of the waiting period. If the permit is not picked up on time, then it is destroyed and the process must be started from the beginning. Once the permit to acquire is received by the individual, then they must return to the gun store ti pick up the handgun. Once the firearm is in the possession of the individual, they must return to the police station to register the firearm.

It's a very long and complicated process. Funny thing is that most criminals still manage to get their hands on firearms.

If you ever think that your process is a hassle, be glad you don't live here in Hawaii.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12