Heckler & Koch P2000 Subcompact
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heckler & Koch P2000 Subcompact

1. Heckler & Koch P2000 Subcompact

I am looking to purchase a handgun for concealed carry. The Heckler & Koch P2000 subcompact 40 ca has caught my attention as well as the Springfield 1911 A1 compact. Both look to be excellent guns to carry concealed and both manufactures have good reputations. Does anyone have any knowledge of these guns. I would appreciate your comments.

I carry a P2000 SK LEM in 9mm. I have a number of automatics and I can tell you with out a doubt it is my favorite.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

My main carry is a HK P2000sk in .40. It is extremely accurate and the special recoil spring configuration really tames the snappy recoil of the .40. I was and still am ahuge Sig fan however the P2000sk has become my main carry gun. In a T&T Gunleather IWB (VMII Clone) it sits low and has a great cant.

When not carrying the P2000sk it is usually a P2000 or HK45. On rare occasions a Kimber SIS. I have a LEM on the P2000 but prefer the DA/SA on the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Billbert View Post
    I am looking to purchase a handgun for concealed carry. The Heckler & Koch P2000 subcompact 40 ca has caught my attention as well as the Springfield 1911 A1 compact. Both look to be excellent guns to carry concealed and both manufactures have good reputations. Does anyone have any knowledge of these guns. I would appreciate your comments.
    Have you made a decision on the HK or A1 yet? I am both a HK (USP40) and Springfield (Ultra Compact Loaded .45) owner. Let us know.

6. Heckler & Koch P2000 Subcompact

Tim - I am leaning in the direction of the H&K P2000. I can get it for about $800. The Springfield 1911 A1 subcompact is a beautiful gun but I can't spend that much.

Hk p2000

Billbert,
    Have you thought about the P2000SK? I'm looking for feedback on this particular HK. I posted elsewhere on the forum, but have not had any feedback. I think the size is right for CC. I'm wondering about the unusual decocker on the back of the receiver. Being a lefty, not sure if this would be easy to operate. Have not had the chance to hold one yet. Also kind of pricey.

The Ultra Compact Springfield also cost me a lot of money, and I have to admit to all of you out there that the Springfield has been nowhere near as reliable as the HK USP.
    WHEN YOU TAKE IT FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS

Quote Originally Posted by timusp40 View Post
    Billbert,
    Have you thought about the P2000SK? I'm looking for feedback on this particular HK. I posted elsewhere on the forum, but have not had any feedback. I think the size is right for CC. I'm wondering about the unusual decocker on the back of the receiver. Being a lefty, not sure if this would be easy to operate. Have not had the chance to hold one yet. Also kind of pricey.

The Ultra Compact Springfield also cost me a lot of money, and I have to admit to all of you out there that the Springfield has been nowhere near as reliable as the HK USP.
    See my above post.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

9. Hello Timusp40 - One of my reasons for considering the P2000 subcompact is that I would like to have a reliable gun that I can conceal easily. I went to Gander Mountain yesterday to look at the P2000 SK but they didn't have any H&K guns. I was curious about the de-cocker and how it might hinder a left hander. I'm right handed so hadn't given it a thought until you mentioned it. As for the Springfield 1911-A1, that would be too expensive for me. But it sure is a nice looking gun. The H&K P2000 is as high a price as I can go. The comments I have read from people like you are very encouraging for me and helpful in making the decision to purchase the P2000. Thank you.

Bill

I have an HK P2000sk and love it. The decocker is very stiff to use and sounds like a dry fire but works fine. It does not work well by just pushing with your shooting hand I have to bring my weak hand over to push it. It is very accurate and the special recoil spring tames the .40. Since the P2000sk I have purchased 2 more HKs. I do not like the LEM trigger. Another plus for the decocker location is that in such a small gun you do not have to worry about your thumb hitting a decocker when shooting thumbs forward.

Quote Originally Posted by SCfromNY View Post
    I have an HK P2000sk and love it. The decocker is very stiff to use and sounds like a dry fire but works fine. It does not work well by just pushing with your shooting hand I have to bring my weak hand over to push it. It is very accurate and the special recoil spring tames the .40. Since the P2000sk I have purchased 2 more HKs. I do not like the LEM trigger. Another plus for the decocker location is that in such a small gun you do not have to worry about your thumb hitting a decocker when shooting thumbs forward.

You know I used to think I would not like it but after shooting mine a lot I like it better than the Dbl action/single action style that I had been used to carrying. Also for a price you can send it back to the factory and have them lighten the pull even more. anyway after using it a while and also using a Glock I am sold. I now do not like carrying anything that has any kind of decocking lever/external safety. The less to think about the better I like it. IMHO>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast